Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: PRO STREET
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm 

it was a good one ;)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm 

I don't know how far opinion goes but I think the Chance's have made the right call. If you guys can rally some Pro Streeters that would be great if not it will go away. Every year in the winter when I thought about changing the class I would get several calls about how there were cars being built, bought, etc. Each year I was probably to nice and let the class ride because of the phone calls and each year I was let down by the people who begged me to leave it alone. These were not the guys that were racing but prospects. This year they can make the class or not it is in there hands. Good job guys and good luck Pro Street.
Wes

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:35 pm 

Wes Phifer wrote:
I don't know how far opinion goes but I think the Chance's have made the right call. If you guys can rally some Pro Streeters that would be great if not it will go away. Every year in the winter when I thought about changing the class I would get several calls about how there were cars being built, bought, etc. Each year I was probably to nice and let the class ride because of the phone calls and each year I was let down by the people who begged me to leave it alone. These were not the guys that were racing but prospects. This year they can make the class or not it is in there hands. Good job guys and good luck Pro Street.
Wes

I agree completely Wes. The class is dead. Let it die. Surely the pro street guys can do something to pick up a couple of tenths and compete in pro mod. Those cars are almost like top fuel cars are anyways. You're never guaranteed a complete pass everytime. Sometimes they can't hook, sometimes, something breaks, sometimes etc.... I'd love to see it work, but it won't. :peel:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm 

Well e for effort.
The post about doing something to pick up 2or 3 tenths should be posted as follows.
Spend several THOUSAND and 10 of thousands and pick up 3 to 5 tenths .
It was posted that Eddie runs 4.15 to 4.25 look at pro street cars 4.50 to 5.00
BIG DIFFERANCE
We are one of the few that ran a Pro Mod,and That Won Races , Won MAKO Championship and won Super Chevy Show That Chose to Go to a Slower Class.
We Chose to QUIT Pro Mod for several reasons. The Time, Money,The Parts, Crew Help,Speed,and shut down areas,all had a factor in it.
We chose a slower,less expensive,More fun type class to run.

I agree that the track is in it to make money. It s supose to or who would want to buy one.
To say all pro street cars show up and if you have 8 you can race for entry fee is crap!
Tell the pro mods that if you dont have eight you can run with pro street?
Tell Pro mods if there is mone than 8 you will race for entry fee?
Heck let every class run for entry fee!!!!!
I -W I L L -N O T- R U N - F O R - E N T E R Y - F E E !!!!!!!!
I will run with the 4,5,6 pro mods and at lease get $250.00 for Qtr final pay
Maby the $100.000.00 Pro mod will break and i can go to the next round.
I Ran my Pro Street car at a Pro Mod shoot out in Tulsa Qual # 16 And won 1 st round and put #1 out ,last Year.
Also Ran A Pro Mod shoot out and Qual#7 and won first round. Seond round Well???
So do what you think best I will do the same.
Will Not post again an this subject. Time to move on willie

Board index » Main » General Discussion