Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Amazing Crowd
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:28 am 

Even though I could only manage to get away for a little while it was a sight worth seeing Saturday evening. I am not sure what the final count will be but I do believe that had to be one of the biggest crowds the track has seen in years.

To the Chance Family and Crew: Thank you for all the work on the track and pits, I know finding places for that many trailers and vehicles had to be a logistical nightmare. I have never seen a group of people working so hard and for so many hours to make everyone's visit an enjoyable one.

It was good to see so many families there and everyone seeming to have a great time.

I got to get up close to the Space Machine and was able to meet Mike, even managed a few pictures of that beautiful beast. He is truly a gentleman and very nice fella to boot.

Post subject: Re: Amazing Crowd
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:18 am 

:) :) :) Yes it was a great crowd , and how bout that Med Mike and Kane....run their butts off.....with guys like that you only need two employees :!:

I thought the parking was good in the pits...it must have taken some effort to set it up..too bad Mother Nature dumped the rain on the chat....but it all worked out okay...

Great show..good racing..holy moly , those 10-5s, they are going to have to start making exhibition passes.. :!: :!:

Oh yeh, Chris, you did a good job too...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:54 pm 

thank you Kay....I am exhausted...but had a great time the crowd was amazing

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:39 pm 

From this fans standpoint...GREAT show. From the pro-mods down to the 7.0 index the racing was phenomenal. Crowd was huge, track crew was on it, and the racers, well they were all out great. Props go to Palmer for making yet again this year. Who doesnt feel like a kid when that thing fires off the line taking your breath away. Space machine for fixing the problem and finishing the show.

Paul needs a pat on the back also, you take a guy with a race on his mind, singing our great national anthem just a day after 9/11, and singing it pretty good :thumbsup:

Someone give MedMike a helmet, the way he flies around on that quad :shock:
I thought he was going to eat it when coming to the accident at the end.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:01 pm 

What a great show on saturday, I thought the track crew did a very good job with keeping the show going with minimal down times. I also didn't encounter either a racer or a spectator that I didn't think was friendly. It is people like this that makes spectators like me want to keep coming back to these type of races. I had to drive 65 miles one way to go to the track and didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. but I wouldn't have left a good show like this early for anything even though I had to get up early it was still worth it. Good job to all who run the track and keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am 

I was there as a spectator this time, it was the best show ive seen in a LOOOONG TIME the ONLY thing that was not good was the music and band playing during eliminations. We couldnt hear anything the announcer was saying let alone the cars!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 am 

nosgt850 wrote:
I was there as a spectator this time, it was the best show ive seen in a LOOOONG TIME the ONLY thing that was not good was the music and band playing during eliminations. We couldnt hear anything the announcer was saying let alone the cars!

We had a few glitch's like that but got them iron'd out by the end of the nite.

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 pm 

I had a blast,three days of racing and being with racers.Hey the ghetto wasn't bad except for the dust(MITCH DO YOU WANT YOUR WHITE SAND BACK) i brought about five gallons of it home with me LOL. The people were great to help each other out ,like always ,i had several calls today telling me they enjoyed the show,but couldn't get to where i was pitted without a long walk,they just wanted to let me know they were there. A good show i am ready to start planning fpr next year,and i know the pits will be bigger and better.I just hope i have another year in me.

OLDTIMER

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:57 pm 

Next time record the announcer in 1st round of eliminations and you can just play him when you need to. I didnt hear any of the index racers names announced but we've got used to that. :bringit:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 pm 

Bob wrote:
Next time record the announcer in 1st round of eliminations and you can just play him when you need to. I didnt hear any of the index racers names announced but we've got used to that. :bringit:

I was in the tower quite a bit on Sat and the main computer was down, no names on the screen. It would require diggin through the cards each time and we know that aint gonna happen. The junked comp was suppose to be sent off this week for repairs. Quite a few of the shootout guys didnt get a name read either, it wasnt just you.

Board index » Main » General Discussion