Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 pm 

First i don't work for the track but i have been friends with the owners for 25 years.

They have been getting alot of calls with 5 different ideas to bring pro street back they have far to much on there plates to go thru all the bickering from different groups that wants things there way

I have heard from the same people got hate calls and e-mails here is my thoughts and ideas..................

This will include everyone that has ever run pro street to be competitive again.There is no way around it cars will have to have weight limits put on them. This will put a a steel backhalf car on the same playing field as a full tube carbon fiber pro mod cars.And if you have a light weight pro mod type car do not bitch about adding weight or say its not safe a lot of the nmca pro street cars carry 500lbs or more.This should be an oem bodied back half class this will still give you a class to run. The track does not want to have to police this class until it proves it self until then we will have to find some scales to use and have someone to over see it. the cars can weigh when they tech in. Then weigh all round winners the track is not going to want to be involved in this at this time they have far to much to worry about.

Rules would be the same as before but with the following weight adders or subtractors

Base weight 3000 lbs
Full tube arm cars add 50
Full tube pro mod style add 100
True backhalf 0
Clutch add 50
TRUE oem trans with steel welded converter -50
N/A small block -100
N/A big block 0
NOS small block 0
NOS big block stock to 4.900 bore center add 50
NOS big block 5.000 bore center and larger add 100
blown small block 0
Blown big block chevy style motor add 100
Blown hemi of other billet style motors add 200
single turbo small block add 100
twin turbo small block add 150
single turbo big block add 150
twin turbo big block add 200

These are some rough ideas that i had

So who is interested ????? only post if you have a car and want to run this DON"T call Kieth,Jamomd,Mitch or Marty pm me if you want to I'm doing this as a ''What if we do this'' and if the interest is there then we can show them something positive and not 3 or more groups that want there way at the expense of someone else

The old pro street is dead and WILL never come back i think with the weight deal you will have a wide cross section of cars and in time it could be a vary cool class

Last edited by turbo69camaro on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:34 pm 

Look at a big tire combo class for every car?

Automatic w/nitrous
650-810 cubic inches

Automatic w/nitrous
650-810 cubic inch 5” bore spacing

Automatic w/nitrous
Up to 650 cubic inches

Automatic w/nitrous
Up to 650 cubic inch 5” bore spacing

Automatic no nitrous
651 + cubic inches

Automatic no nitrous
Up to 650 cubic inch

Automatic no nitrous
Up to 501 cubic inch

Lenco no nitrous
598 & up cubic inch

Lenco no nitrous
Up to 598 cubic inch

Automatic w/blower
Up to 540 cubic inch

Lenco w/nitrous
650-810 cubic inch

Lenco w/nitrous
Up to 650 cubic inch or 2575 up to 650 cubic inch 5” bore space

Lenco w/blower
Up to 540 cubic inch

SMALL BLOCK WEIGHT LIMITS

SMALL BLOCK WEIGHT LIMITS

Setup
Weight
Allowed

Automatic no nitrous
Any cubic inch

Automatic w/nitrous
Any cubic inch

Lenco no nitrous
Any cubic inch

Lenco w/nitrous
Up to 470 cubic inch

Lenco w/nitrous
Over 470 cubic inch

Lenco w/blower
Up to 450 cubic inch. Over 450 cubic inch will run at big block weight.

Automatic w/blower
Up to 450 cubic inch . Over 450 cubic inch will run at big block weight.

This is about the same thing that Jim is talking about.
However 3000# base we feel is too much just my thought
This weight table come from the webb of www.outlawmaddawgs.com
Thay are starting 5th year and growing with this class

My .02 $

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:53 pm 

Not going to argue on the base weights this still needs to be an OEM BODIED BACKHALF CLASS!!!!!!!! that being said you take you average car backhalf it put glass front end hood maybe doors you are going to be in the 2800 to 3000 lb range if you alow 2500 lb cars to run you have the same thing you have now 3 cars!!!!!!! with the base weight deal all can run This includes some older mild steel full tube cars out there that fit no classes this will give a level playing field something this class has never had!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 pm 

Making Pro Street a "Back Half" Class all you will be doing is switching Pro Street from Pirating cars from the Pro Mod class to having them Pirate the cars from the Outlaw 10.5 class.....

There is already a class for both Chassis Cars and Back Half Cars at Ozark, they are called Pro Mod and Outlaw 10.5....

If "Pro Street" is going to be able to remain around as a class, it will have to re-think where and when they want to run...

the Pro Street class would be an excellent adder to a Friday Night Test Tune or a Bracket Race as something to give the spectators a bit more show, (this is how my MAKO Real Street class is functioning) You can run an 8 car field for for a $1400-$2000 purse..
Could a track generate enough interest in these type of cars to get an extra 100 people out to watch them?? I think so..

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:59 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
Not going to argue on the base weights this still needs to be an OEM BODIED BACKHALF CLASS!!!!!!!! that being said you take you average car backhalf it put glass front end hood maybe doors you are going to be in the 2800 to 3000 lb range if you alow 2500 lb cars to run you have the same thing you have now 3 cars!!!!!!! with the base weight deal all can run This includes some older mild steel full tube cars out there that fit no classes this will give a level playing field something this class has never had!!!!!!!!

Q: Was this your thinking when you ran pro street.
Did you not run a Chassis car???
What changed????

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:59 pm 

it won't be a backhalf only class there are a few cars like the fairlane in the other thread that are older mild steel tube cars that don't fit anything i have mikes maverick that has a pro mod backhalf but still has box tube front end with mustang II arms blown big block 2900 lbs still has steel doors Jamonds brother has a all steel 66 impala with a blown hemi it will be 3700 plus. Randy from Omaha with the blown SBC S-10 i have a friend from Wichita that has a box tube vega with a hemi lol Pope's pinto is still around there are others like that around.if the full tube cars that are running now add weight there are some more cars there maybe some of the slower 10.5 that run too.some of those cars could be dropping out because of the out off control costs of build and running a car Mc ammis is getting 200k for the new light weight pro mod car i have heard 125 k for outlaw 10.5 cars and 80k for a D/R car this is a roller no power plant or trans

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:24 pm 

bottomdollar wrote:
turbo69camaro wrote:

Q: Was this your thinking when you ran pro street.
Did you not run a Chassis car???
What changed????

When i ran pro street there was several places to run the old MSRA soul brothes at thunder valley clash of the titian etc all had 3000 min weight my car was a mild steel box tube frame car that i built and was my daily driver for 3 years before that Ozark was the only place with no weight rules mine weighed 2900

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm 

Just thought I would give my opinion on things that have been going here recently about the pro street class. I think that all the people on here each have good ideas but I think that the ideas aren't going to help the class out any. Rules cost money and the more rules you have the more its going to cost. I think that for starting out and trying to get the car count up I think that the rules should stay the same or make the cars run OEM style transmissions. Leave everything else the same. Unlimited power adders. All tube chassis allowed. Aftermarket carbon and fiberglass bodies are allowed. I had ran pro street a couple of years ago and then decided to sell out due to personal reasons and not really having a class to run in. I am helping a guy out that would love to run that class if all goes well. I know that opinion doesn't matter since I don't have a car to run in that class but I thought that I would post it anyway. If your going to make a decision on rules I think all those that are going to run the class should have a meeting somewhere and put a vote to what rules will apply to the class. That way everyone knows where they stand and what they need to do to their cars to run the class.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 pm 

As the owner/builder of the fairlane from other post (and thanks for the complament from
Jim, Bob, and promod55) Jims -base weights and add ons and subtractions of weight
is a very good starting point. May need tweeked a little here or their as time goes,
but could and would draw in a wide mix of cars, like a brick as mine is.
Also slims idea of get together of possible racers for this class should only help.
But and a very large but would be if new owners were interested since they have a lot
on their plate at this time .
Not tyring to offend anyone but not everyone will be happy if guide lines are set
and I myself might not meet them . But you have to start somehow.

Thanks Gary

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:41 pm 

Jim , I don't belong on this thread.....but from spectators view , We loved the Pro street class....Lee England is a hard racer as well as Paul Rose , Brian Palette and all the rest....the class is a crowd pleaser and they love it.....So we hope something good will come from all the effort that is being put forth....

People come out to see the heads up cars.....from 10-5 to Pro Mod..thats what they spend their money for.....Powder Puffers...well the only people that watch us is the safety crew and Med Mike!!!! :roll: :roll:

that's it, back to Clint..

Board index » Main » General Discussion