Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next

I am interested in racing in an entry level heads up class
Yes, sounds like fun 90%  90%  [ 54 ]
No, I enjoy spending more money than I make to race another class 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 60

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:49 am 

great feed back guys!!!
sounds like several big blocks may want in, OK . remeber the goal is to keep it very entry level (no big $ motors or cars) so here are some POSSIBLE rules , tell me what you think
big block- stock block and OEM heads
possible jet restriction ?? for big blocks
tire ?? how about an 8.5 slick
?? no trans brake ???
single plate nitrous system with only 1 n2o solenoid/1 fuel solenoid
?? no digital programable msd ??

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:22 am 

I would say no to slicks and drag radials pick a spec REAL street tire that will fit everything bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods maybe a 750 to 850 carb out of the box no high dollar mods, oem valve angle on the heads ,cast manifolds ,stock deck heights on blocks , full exhaust to the back of the car guess you could balance out big v small with nitrous jet size.No data loggers or digital msd box.only a 7AL3 or 6AL. oem type auto or manual, no bolt together converters.street type clutch no billet race clutches.no dry sump. No cross member mods.factory front seat carpet ect, no fiberglass ,lexan,or body mods no wheelie bars.did i miss anything lol

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 am 

turbo69camaro wrote:
I would say no to slicks and drag radials pick a spec REAL street tire that will fit everything bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods maybe a 750 to 850 carb out of the box no high dollar mods, oem valve angle on the heads ,cast manifolds ,stock deck heights on blocks , full exhaust to the back of the car guess you could balance out big v small with nitrous jet size.No data loggers or digital msd box.only a 7AL3 or 6AL. oem type auto or manual, no bolt together converters.street type clutch no billet race clutches.no dry sump. No cross member mods.factory front seat carpet ect, no fiberglass ,lexan,or body mods no wheelie bars.did i miss anything lol

So are you singling me out. :lol:

Thanks to Sponsors
C&R Transmission
WorkTurbochargers
Neal Chance Converters

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 am 

julven wrote:
turbo69camaro wrote:

So are you singling me out. :lol:

Did not think i was lol

Guess you would also have to add late model EFI motors and cars in the mix as well.

The bottom line is it needs to be a close to stock as possible to keep the runaway costs down that all the other classes have.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 am 

I can't afford another car, but if I was just getting started or was looking to change, this would be something I would persue. I really think Jim is very close to what should be in place. :thumbsup: CID limit may have to be set. The track would have to splurge for "pumper" to check and make sure no huge motors were being snuck in. I would almost like to see a stick only class, that would eliminate tranny brakes and gawd awful stall converters. That would also put more emphasis on the driver. Street tires, and a stick, with a big block, would be kinda fun to watch, but I guess that's how I started. 8-)

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 am 

Pegasus wrote:
I raced in most of the true radial class races and it was fun.

As did I and I would be very interested!!!! :peel:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods

So I'd have to take the Eibach springs and Strange struts and shocks off my car?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 pm 

You might have to find a softness checker too. Some of the "street" tires in the old class were as soft as most slicks. I believe some chemical assistance was used. :bang:

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm 

on tires i was thinking 8.5 slick (maybe M/T would help?) and possibly 275 drag radial as these are becoming very popular on the heads up sceen as aposed to a real street tire that creates a huge bald spot when it blows the tires off on the launch. Not counting anything out , just looking from all aspects.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 pm 

marty chance wrote:
on tires i was thinking 8.5 slick (maybe M/T would help?) and possibly 275 drag radial as these are becoming very popular on the heads up sceen as aposed to a real street tire that creates a huge bald spot when it blows the tires off on the launch. Not counting anything out , just looking from all aspects.

I vote drag radial only and no bigger than xxx/xx/xx size. That'll help keep it fair. All the power in the world is useless if you can't hook it on a xxx/xx/xx drag radial. :peel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion