Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next

I am interested in racing in an entry level heads up class
Yes, sounds like fun 90%  90%  [ 54 ]
No, I enjoy spending more money than I make to race another class 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 60

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 pm 

I like it.Factory block/heads is fine,although I think allowing aftermarket heads would be fair.It costs as much or more to prep a set of factory castings for performance use in most cases as what a way better set of aftermarket heads cost.Just my 2 cents on that.
I also like the idea of doing 8.5 slick or 275 drag radial.
By stock suspension,I assume you mean that bolt on upgrades are legal?As in shocks,springs,etc.?
I love where this is going,PLEASE throw us poor boys a bone!!! :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm 

THE SBM isnt pickey they will take them all on.. But we prefer the green ones :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
marty chance wrote:
ouch ! was that aimed at any BB in particular?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 pm 

I like what Mitch and Jim said. I'm interested because I like Ozark and it looks like we won't be there with the "Little Truck". I would build somthin for this but I would need to to run else where. I say definitly OEM engine/tranny, 275 drag radial as I assume this class will be run at "Shoot Outs" and wouldn' want tear up track. FULL factory interior, stock suspension mods Slapper Bar and 90/10 shocks period. Why any Nitrous, wev'e not got a handle on it (LOL) but were comin. do you want that?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm 

My little 270cc Brodix racerite oval ports are as close to an OEM head as you can get, just made out of aluminum. Who'd a thunk those little ports would feed my pumpgas (10.5-1) 505 cubes. :bringit: FYI I run a 9" slick and a 295/65/15 drag radial.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 pm 

I'm definitely in for 275 D/Rs, Single Stage Nitrous Plate, and Stock Suspension. I think there are alot of guys that would be interesting in a class like this that can't hang with Procharged, Turbo, and Monster Big Block Nitrous Cars.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 pm 

with all this talk, how can a stock, and i mean stock car/trk compete in this class heads up or would it be better to run trophy.....i would like to run my 98 pickup w/ triton 5.4 v-8 a coupla times...... :?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 pm 

julven wrote:
turbo69camaro wrote:
I would say no to slicks and drag radials pick a spec REAL street tire that will fit everything bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods maybe a 750 to 850 carb out of the box no high dollar mods, oem valve angle on the heads ,cast manifolds ,stock deck heights on blocks , full exhaust to the back of the car guess you could balance out big v small with nitrous jet size.No data loggers or digital msd box.only a 7AL3 or 6AL. oem type auto or manual, no bolt together converters.street type clutch no billet race clutches.no dry sump. No cross member mods.factory front seat carpet ect, no fiberglass ,lexan,or body mods no wheelie bars.did i miss anything lol

So are you singling me out. :lol:

Canted valve small blocks are NOT budget...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:27 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
I would say no to slicks and drag radials pick a spec REAL street tire that will fit everything bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods maybe a 750 to 850 carb out of the box no high dollar mods, oem valve angle on the heads ,cast manifolds ,stock deck heights on blocks , full exhaust to the back of the car guess you could balance out big v small with nitrous jet size.No data loggers or digital msd box.only a 7AL3 or 6AL. oem type auto or manual, no bolt together converters.street type clutch no billet race clutches.no dry sump. No cross member mods.factory front seat carpet ect, no fiberglass ,lexan,or body mods no wheelie bars.did i miss anything lol

:thumbsup: looks good and have the track supply the jets at drivers cost then check the top 3 spots

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:34 pm 

julven wrote:
55promod wrote:
We are exploring the possiblity of starting an entry level heads up class. The class rules would be restrictive (inline valves, stock suspension, small tires...etc). We are trying to make a class that would be fairly economical. Please vote if you have any interest in racing in a class like this.

I would be in but the inline valve cuts me out. I have a sbc with canted valve heads. Image
How about BB and SB non inline valve and non-OE blocks N/A with a option for alcohol and nitroused sb OE or not blocks with no controlers and a -4 only line on a small M/T slick ? We have two cars that could fit in somthing like this.Jason

id think you would fall in the bb nitrous jetting and should be allowed

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:51 am 

I think 500s10 is on to something, have a spec. jet size(n2o side only) for a small blk & smaller for big blk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion