Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next

I am interested in racing in an entry level heads up class
Yes, sounds like fun 90%  90%  [ 54 ]
No, I enjoy spending more money than I make to race another class 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 60

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm 

Make it one stage 8.5 slick or 275 radial and cubic inch limit, you will have alot of cars and i would say cars that dont run here all of the time will come for this? hope it happens looking to buy a car right now and come back to race and not watch, with out selling the house wife and kids LOL. :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :bringit:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm 

Pokey Puppy wrote:
I like it.Factory block/heads is fine,although I think allowing aftermarket heads would be fair.It costs as much or more to prep a set of factory castings for performance use in most cases as what a way better set of aftermarket heads cost.Just my 2 cents on that.
I also like the idea of doing 8.5 slick or 275 drag radial.
By stock suspension,I assume you mean that bolt on upgrades are legal?As in shocks,springs,etc.?
I love where this is going,PLEASE throw us poor boys a bone!!! :thumbsup:

Brad has nailed it. I'm still curious on the suspension part. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 pm 

Hey JULVEN Don't you know that the (LITTLE) canted valve sbc of your's is not budget!! That little motor is a bbc wannabe Get off :soapbox: and start working and finishing the camaro of ours. LOL We want to try and race this year too :bang: HA HA!!!
baldtires wrote:
julven wrote:
turbo69camaro wrote:
I would say no to slicks and drag radials pick a spec REAL street tire that will fit everything bolt on slapper bars no other suspension mods maybe a 750 to 850 carb out of the box no high dollar mods, oem valve angle on the heads ,cast manifolds ,stock deck heights on blocks , full exhaust to the back of the car guess you could balance out big v small with nitrous jet size.No data loggers or digital msd box.only a 7AL3 or 6AL. oem type auto or manual, no bolt together converters.street type clutch no billet race clutches.no dry sump. No cross member mods.factory front seat carpet ect, no fiberglass ,lexan,or body mods no wheelie bars.did i miss anything lol

So are you singling me out. :lol:

Canted valve small blocks are NOT budget...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 pm 

I would like to see this class go back to the way it used to be when it was what you know not how much you can spend. Iron heads, iron block, that would keep the cost down some what, any time you put a bunch of restrictions it just cost more to cheat, and we know thats racing. Keep the engines small under 500 cubic inches, any factory trans and the 8.5 slick. Let them do what they want to the interior just as long as it is safe, this is a heads up class not a street car. Just my 2 cents but I would sure like to race heads up on a budget and still keep a roof over my head :|

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:01 pm 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: very well put tony

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 pm 

if you wanted to make it a true low buck deal have a motor claimer rule lol

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:

:lol:

Thanks to Sponsors
C&R Transmission
WorkTurbochargers
Neal Chance Converters

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm 

satmotorsports wrote:
I would like to see this class go back to the way it used to be when it was what you know not how much you can spend. Iron heads, iron block, that would keep the cost down some what, any time you put a bunch of restrictions it just cost more to cheat, and we know thats racing. Keep the engines small under 500 cubic inches, any factory trans and the 8.5 slick. Let them do what they want to the interior just as long as it is safe, this is a heads up class not a street car. Just my 2 cents but I would sure like to race heads up on a budget and still keep a roof over my head :|

I like this ALOT!

turbo69camaro wrote:

Like this too....My junk is always cheap!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:

I have always loved that idea,even if not for this class.If you wanted a true budget class,a $3k engine (not including carb,ignition,etc.)claim would sure make for an interesting class!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 pm 

im very interested in this class hope it works out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion