Hello

General Racing Discussion Area

Moderators: Larry Jr., opnwhl23

Ron

Hello

Postby Ron » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 am

Hello! I have been visiting the forums for a while and thought I'd finally introduce myself :)
I have been racing my car in scca autocross for many years and that is what it "was" really setup for. I am slowly transforming it to a drag car. Going back to my Roots . i started drag racing in my early 20's back in 1975 then sold my 68 big block camaro (10.90's@ 122+) in 1980. So I do have some previous experience. I use to drag race in So-Cal area back then and have been out here the past few years struggling since life took a crap on me out west . I would like to get to know some racers like myself, and I hope that i may meet some new friends. :)
Photogal

Re: Hello

Postby Photogal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:29 am

Come on out to the track, You'll find plenty of racers like yourself and plenty of new friends. Please come and introduce yourself If i'm not running my car I'll be the one at the rail taking photos.
Wanda aka Picrat :thumbsup: :peel: :burnout:

P.S. You can join our Rat pack too you could be Newrat or pick a name for yourself.
MAKING PHOTOS FUN !
bushelfoot

Postby bushelfoot » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:49 am

Welcome ron
you will not fine a better group of racers anywhere on gods green earth.Most Are willing to answer any and all questions.Again welcome
Bushelfoot
Gary
Bob

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:18 am

Hey Ron, I myself was born in SoCal, left when I was a teeny bopper after the earthquake in 72-73. C'mon down, you'll have a blast.
MED-MIKE

Postby MED-MIKE » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 am

well ron, let me tell you if friends is what ur looking for,this is the place to find them. these bunch of misfits are the most unruliest hoodlums around. lol jk welcome to the forums hope too see you out to the track, test -n- tune next weekend
pitrat2

Postby pitrat2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:18 am

Bob wrote:Hey Ron, I myself was born in SoCal, left when I was a teeny bopper after the earthquake in 72-73. C'mon down, you'll have a blast.

Welcome to our world Ron.....come on down...and bring a friend... ;)

Bob , I never realized you were a teeny bopper...gees, I'm sorry... ;)

( I have to post to play with the smilies.. :lol: :x :P :bang: :oops: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :shock: :? :peel: :thumbsup: )
pitrat2

Postby pitrat2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 am

and.....welcome MissVicki4301.... :thumbsup:

Remember...sometimes you have to wear red/white striped boxers to maintain sanity... ;)
amputeeracing

Postby amputeeracing » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:28 am

Hi Ron. Im still fairly new and you will not find a better group of men and women in racing anywhere. welcome. :thumbsup:
JamesN

Postby JamesN » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Love the corners too, but not much into autox. You should try PDX events before you go all out drag car. There are a few of us going to Gateway on April 25th for the 1st one of this yr. 6 sessions with instruction on the nascar/roadrace portion of the track. A true blast! 20 minutes (per session) of wide open fun.

http://www.stlpdx.com/Schedule__Calendar_.html

Drag is definately fun too. apples to oranges for sure. Both sports are addicting.

BTW, welcome!
55promod

Postby 55promod » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Ron,

Welcome to ORP. People here are some of the nicest you will find anywhere.

I see in your pics that there are a few cones that are down. You'll fit in well here. Jim Weins, Scott Palmer, etc all try to weave in and out of our styrofoam blocks on a regular basis :o

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Return to “General Discussion”