Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: Just Curious?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:
rick, are you racing the malibu this year.....or?

Trying to get my car done we may bring the malibu out a few times not sure .Sounds like your liking the big block power huh.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm 

There is way too much congestion in the pits. We usually came out and parked the rig, all came back in induvidual vehicles and parked in the pits. Eight to ten vehicles. Taking up at least enough space for two tow rigs.

While at the ADRL Houston race, I talked to 8 different racers who have raced at ORP in the past on a part time basis...Hossler, DeFlorian, Hodges, etc and #1 problem with racing here is not being able to park their rigs.

So we are making the following change:

At the shootouts there will be a $10 charge to park in the pits if not actually towing a race car. There is free parking on the spectator side.

We are going to put the $10 into a fund to repave the pits someday. This should also relieve some congestion for those who do not wish to pay.

We will also have some spots that are designated for 70' + rigs. We will have someone at the track to help position vehicles for maximum efficiency of our limited space.

It will be a work in progress so we are asking you to understand what we are trying to do and be patient. Please understand and work with us if you are asked to move your rig.

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:35 pm 

Since your starting a fund to repave the pits have you thought about selling pit spots during shootouts ? I always park on the northend of the line my duelie and 40 ft trailer goes from the pit to the road nothing longer would fit there.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm 

We thought about that but sometimes people plan to show up and don't for whatever reason so the potential for empty spaces is there.

We have also considered having people pre-enter and doing a reserved parking thing so there is no one parking a week plus before the event.

I also don't want people to say "they charge for everything" . We just want to alleviate a problem and put the $$$ towards a very needed improvement. The $$$ won't be going in anybody's pocket.

Hopefully, I explained it well enough that everyone will understand.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:01 pm 

Hey Keith, I think that we would reserve the spot that we like to use if you decide to do something like that. and another question what if you bring a tow rig, trailer, and a seperate rv like we do to the big races, when we spend the night. would that be taken into consideration when being told were to park. Got to have a place for the family!!! Thanks.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm 

tony p wrote:
Hey Keith, I think that we would reserve the spot that we like to use if you decide to do something like that. and another question what if you bring a tow rig, trailer, and a seperate rv like we do to the big races, when we spend the night. would that be taken into consideration when being told were to park. Got to have a place for the family!!! Thanks.

Yes, we're not trying to break up any families. It's the 8 - 10 cars that come in with every racer that we are trying to deal with.

BTW, Goose is going to be charged double...no triple to park. He may want to get used to walking cause we reserved a spot in the field across the street for him LOL !!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:16 pm 

I will let him know. He will bi talking to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you still doing up?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 pm 

Been working on my ride. Have to check on all the crazies on this board before I go to bed.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 pm 

there needs to be a designated "crew" parking on the pit side. most leave truck,trailer etc on friday and take another vehicle home , and are usually bringing parts,cooler,etc back on saturday.

Board index » Main » General Discussion