Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Bracket cars
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:30 pm 

Are bracket cars still able to leave thier rigs there tru the week ?

Post subject: Re: Bracket cars
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 am 

Maybe they could designate an area towards the back of the pits this year, if they even allow it, so the shoot-out guys and gals have easier parking at their events? The shoot-out racers come in on late Thursday or Friday, and have to maneuver around the trailers left behind the week before with none on the bracket guys in site till Saturday. It gets especially hard at the bigger events.
We have personally helped Wes before to move these units to make room for the shoot-out races. Remember parking space is at a premium at Ozark for these big rigs. Just my thoughts...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 am 

Why do the bracket cars need to leave their trailers at the track from week to week?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:26 pm 

We don't leave our trailer at the track but would like to know what day we will be allowed to come to the track?
We have a 53 foot trailer and an RV so we usually try to go in early Thursday or Friday to get a parking space,
But we stay at the track. :peel: :burnout:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm 

First of all because the bracket racers are there every week not just once a mouth. Second many of the bracket racers live as far off as Arkansas and it just makes sense to leave their race cars there.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
SHOWTIME wrote:
Maybe they could designate an area towards the back of the pits this year, if they even allow it, so the shoot-out guys and gals have easier parking at their events? The shoot-out racers come in on late Thursday or Friday, and have to maneuver around the trailers left behind the week before with none on the bracket guys in site till Saturday. It gets especially hard at the bigger events.
We have personally helped Wes before to move these units to make room for the shoot-out races. Remember parking space is at a premium at Ozark for these big rigs. Just my thoughts...

Just my thoughts.
:soapbox:
A) Anyone that shows Thurs or Fri has no problem finding space,
and certainly not because of a bracket rig that is parked in an appropriate sized space.
B)I showed, Payed, and parked early Friday at every shootout event last year.
C) I moved a few times at Wes's request only to have another rig of same size park where I vacated.
D) I would welcome a designated area for the big rigs so that I know that when I make the effort (and anyone can do same) to arrive early and setup for a weekend of racing I don't get asked to move.
E) Lastly; and I am not trying to be negative here, just responding to the above post, but if the solution to the parking deal means I am only allowed to park in the ruble reguardless of when I arrive, I'll probally pass for that weekend. :cry: My car dont cost what a shootout car does, but I dont have the resorces to replace torn undercarage and tires either.

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:58 pm 

Anyone ever get the feeling that this is alot like playing rock, paper, scissors, in the sense that 1 always trumps the other in a never ending circle? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:59 pm 

WHALE DRIVER wrote:
My car dont cost what a shootout car does, but I dont have the resorces to replace torn undercarage and tires either.

See paper, rock, scissors post. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:01 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
junkman306 wrote:
Anyone ever get the feeling that this is alot like playing rock, paper, scissors, in the sense that 1 always trumps the other in a never ending circle? :bang: :bang: :bang:

And the only thing more sure than that, is that junker :geek: (who has no race car rig) will jump in with a comment totally irrelevant to the thread. :roll:

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 pm 

WHALE DRIVER wrote:
junkman306 wrote:

And the only thing more sure than that, is that junker :geek: (who has no race car rig) will jump in with a comment totally irrelevant to the thread. :roll:

I was actually agreeing with you without saying that i was agreeing with you so I wouldn't have to be subdued to the typical "your opinion doesn't matter" blabber. :thumbsup:

Board index » Main » General Discussion