Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:14 am 

if they are gonna separate tires i vote 1/8

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:23 am 

Steve88 wrote:
I vote D.O.T's and 1/4 mile. There are a lot of real street cars that make a lot of thier steam in the second half of the 1/4 and running 1/8 will handicap them. If the idea is to get the street guys on the track I think the 1/4 will do a much better job of that.

I agree 100%

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:38 am 

1/8 mile unless on the track improvement side they have lengthened the shut down area. i'm sure there are some street cars that will fly that have no laundry hangin off the back.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 am 

417 motorsports wrote:
but no one is going to go buy a set of DOT tires just to come play at this game....

I think most guys that are set up to run 1/4 at ORP(formly known as OIR) already have D.O.T'S. I have lived here for 6 years and that has been the rule as long as I have been going to the the track here--cars with D.O.T's run the 1/4 mile while cars that run slicks runs the 1/8 mile(was 1000' until last year) so to me that seems kind of normal. The tires aren't the deal breaker to me its more the distance. I think if the race is 1/8 mile it penalizes the more "street oriented" street cars and benefits the more "race oriented" street cars. Not to say that one is a street car and the other is not because everyone's defintion of a street car is different and there are no right or wrong answers on this topic just different opnions but I think the 1/4 miles makes it a more level playing field for all cars.

Maybe there should be a compromise and race the 1000' which at least be a happy medium.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 am 

Maybe I'm missing something i thought street cars had dot tires? Also one loop hole on the dot deal is that hoosier makes slicks and calls them dot tires. if this is going to be a ''street'' they need to have ''street'' tires ,and the outlaw class should be run on the 1/8 mile because on paper you could have 7 second cars running the 1/4

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:53 am 

Maybe you should come out to the street races and see how many of them have a DOT tire on them jim....

Im sure Larson drove his car to KCIR on "street tires" and ran a 7 sec pass :roll: :bang: YA RIGHT.... I was there.... it was on an ET Drag ;)

I know of at least 3 VERY FAST cars that will be runnin true street.... DOT tire or not... they are to fast for the qtr at ORP

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am 

417 motorsports wrote:
I know of at least 3 VERY FAST cars that will be runnin true street.... DOT tire or not... they are to fast for the qtr at ORP

I see why the rules were kept simple.Why even have two classes then, because one has lights and horn doesn't seem enough to make a difference? You guys up there can make anything hookup whether stock style or not. Help an old guy understand. :D

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 am 

417 motorsports wrote:
Maybe you should come out to the street races and see how many of them have a DOT tire on them jim....

Im sure Larson drove his car to KCIR on "street tires" and ran a 7 sec pass :roll: :bang: YA RIGHT.... I was there.... it was on an ET Drag ;)

They shouldn't be in the true street class the should be outlaw.
Do they driver there car to work and back home everyday?
Do they drive them in all kinds of weather?
That should also be one of the deciding factors of what class they run in.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 pm 

ArcadeGuest wrote:
417 motorsports wrote:

So your saying because someone builds something fast they should be stuck in a different class??!??! YOUR KIDDING RIGHT????

let the suspension break the classes up... its that simple.

I think you where the one that said, "its gonna be the guys with the 16 sec hondas that are b**ching" Did you go buy a honda over night?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 pm 

417 motorsports wrote:
ArcadeGuest wrote:
417 motorsports wrote:

So your saying because someone builds something fast they should be stuck in a different class??!??! YOUR KIDDING RIGHT????

let the suspension break the classes up... its that simple.

I think you where the one that said, "its gonna be the guys with the 16 sec hondas that are b**ching" Did you go buy a honda over night?

So you think all the cars that show up should be in one class? You mean you won't bitch when a big tire orange camaro or Vega mops your ass because the tires are 40x20?? I've heard the "I'm on D/R's excuse from you before"...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion