Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 pm 

I have street raced with slicks but that was in 1983 so maybe i'm out of touch with the street ''seen'' now back then it was all about power and going fast no one had 5000 watt stereos and florescent neon under the cars :bling: btw i know not all of the new cars are like that lol

Just figured a street car class should have street cars running

ps on drag week they drive 1200 miles not sure what they run for tires but you have to haul all your gear with you some of the cars that had different tires had to carry them in trailers the the car had to pull it self how cool is that !!!!!!!

larry ran 8.50's with his old pump gas blower deal a few years back AND passed me on the highway on his way home from the track with the same tires

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 pm 

There definitely needs to be at least 2 classes. I wasn't at the meeting so I don't know what options were discussed. It can quickly snoball into too many rules and we need to stay away from that. Simple classes like stock susp unlimited and stock susp all-motor then "outlaw". Who gives a $hit about tires. The Honda's will ALL want to run slicks anyway... Make it 1000' and ANY tires.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:42 pm 

417 motorsports wrote:
ArcadeGuest wrote:
417 motorsports wrote:
Maybe you should come out to the street races and see how many of them have a DOT tire on them jim....

Im sure Larson drove his car to KCIR on "street tires" and ran a 7 sec pass :roll: :bang: YA RIGHT.... I was there.... it was on an ET Drag ;)

I know of at least 3 VERY FAST cars that will be runnin true street.... DOT tire or not... they are to fast for the qtr at ORP

They shouldn't be in the true street class the should be outlaw.
Do they driver there car to work and back home everyday?
Do they drive them in all kinds of weather?
That should also be one of the deciding factors of what class they run in.

So your saying because someone builds something fast they should be stuck in a different class??!??! YOUR KIDDING RIGHT????

let the suspension break the classes up... its that simple.

I think you where the one that said, "its gonna be the guys with the 16 sec hondas that are b**ching" Did you go buy a honda over night?

No Blake I was not the one that said that After the meeting about the Hondas. I talked to Jamon for a quick second then left while you were bi**hingabout a couple of cars that were not geared for the 1/4 mile. It seems like thats all you do.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:30 pm 

jim so your saying that larry was on a DOT tire when he passed you on the highway???
InTheRed wrote:

So you think all the cars that show up should be in one class? You mean you won't bitch when a big tire orange camaro or Vega mops your ass because the tires are 40x20?? I've heard the "I'm on D/R's excuse from you before"...

NEWS FLASH CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!! I am put in the outlaw class... im the one saying have 2 classes and split it up by suspension. I am in the outlaw class with the rest and have NO intentions of winning but this should be a BLAST!!! The 2 classes are PLENTY and i think the rules are great.

Arcadeguest... Im all about making this 1000' but im also thinking SAFETY!!! Some of the cars that will be showing up for this are not slow toys... SAFETY FIRST!!!! My reference to the FWD slick guys was for friday night on TnT night ONLY!! It had nothing to do with this race (hints why i said " on a side note this has nothing to do with this race") Do i own a FWD... NO was i sticking up for them, yes. I would like for them to have a place to run locally and not have to drive to tulsa, the kan, KC, or stl to make a pass in there car on a non DOT tire.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:32 pm 

Well i hope to FINALLY have a car ready this year to race. It is stock suspension,DOT radials etc and I for one DO NOT want to run 1/4 mile. I have never been to the track with it yet but I know it would be SCARY in the 1/4.(not enough shutdown)

I am pretty indifferent about the slick issue. Lots of cars run slicks on the streets,I can tell you that. Just keep the rules simple like they are and everything will be good.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm 

I think the biggest problem that we have is deciding whay type of race this is going to be and who is it targeted at. Is it going to be a race for local street car guys to race each other at the track ands see who is fastest or is a shootout type of event that requires insurance and registration? I think there are groups on either side of this. Originally I thought that this was going to be geared towards the guys that normally run the Midnight Drags and Friday T n T's and to pull some guys from the street and let them race heads up to see who was the fastest. After talking to some other guys and getting thier take on what the race was going to be it seemed more like a Shootout with guys from KC, STL and other places bringing some very serious cars. I am not saying either way is right but I do think that is where a lot of the disagreements come in. My point of view in previous posts was from the event being geared towards local guys with street cars but if the event is geared towards shootout cars then 1/8 mile makes sense because that is what shootout cars are set up to run.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:34 pm 

Steve88 wrote:
I think the biggest problem that we have is deciding whay type of race this is going to be and who is it targeted at. Is it going to be a race for local street car guys to race each other at the track ands see who is fastest or is a shootout type of event that requires insurance and registration? I think there are groups on either side of this. Originally I thought that this was going to be geared towards the guys that normally run the Midnight Drags and Friday T n T's and to pull some guys from the street and let them race heads up to see who was the fastest. After talking to some other guys and getting thier take on what the race was going to be it seemed more like a Shootout with guys from KC, STL and other places bringing some very serious cars. I am not saying either way is right but I do think that is where a lot of the disagreements come in. My point of view in previous posts was from the event being geared towards local guys with street cars but if the event is geared towards shootout cars then 1/8 mile makes sense because that is what shootout cars are set up to run.

STEVE88 This is geared like a shootout format but for the faster street guys. Not saying if the true 10.5 guys can fit in the rules they wont jump in, but it is intended for the fast street cars. The Fri. test and tunes and Midnights are more for the true street cars that have been running on Fri. and Midnights.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 pm 

It's going to be cool to see what kind of cars turn out for this deal.it will have to be run on the 1/8 mile not sure on the IHRA rules but to go faster than 8.50 in the 1/4 takes quite a bit of tubing in the roll cage.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:43 pm 

all you're gonna get is 1 good turnout, after that everyone will see that if your not fast enough to hang with a D/R car then you don'thave a chance. It's gonna end up being just another class for shootout cars. I don't care either way, but I for one would like to see some fast "actual" street cars mix it up!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm 

All this is gonna be a bunch of trailor queens that can make a 10mile cruise. All the actual street car guys will show up for the first race, see all these race cars that can make the cruise and not come back to the other races. There will be no point. If your trying to target the actual STREET CARS, not Vega's on bigtires and junk like that you may as well throw your rules out the window and make them stricter. Let the street cars that hang out in town have their chance too (Camaros Trans Ams Corvettes Evos Mustangs) not all kids that are in there teens (like me) have money to go spend money to build an 8sec car. I perfer something that i can drive to the track From LEBANON, run an event like this, and drive home. Don't get me wrong i love going to shootouts and helping with Mike's Outlaw 10.5 car but I also love street cars and know what the guys that race on the street and drive their cars everyday want (10-12sec cars). I would be more than happy to help if you would like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion