Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 pm 

InTheRed wrote:
all you're gonna get is 1 good turnout, after that everyone will see that if your not fast enough to hang with a D/R car then you don'thave a chance. It's gonna end up being just another class for shootout cars. I don't care either way, but I for one would like to see some fast "actual" street cars mix it up!

THANK YOU ADAM!!! You posted right before i submited mine. Your exactly right.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm 

Nate wrote:
All this is gonna be a bunch of trailor queens that can make a 10mile cruise. All the actual street car guys will show up for the first race, see all these race cars that can make the cruise and not come back to the other races. There will be no point. If your trying to target the actual STREET CARS, not Vega's on bigtires and junk like that you may as well throw your rules out the window and make them stricter. Let the street cars that hang out in town have their chance too (Camaros Trans Ams Corvettes Evos Mustangs) not all kids that are in there teens (like me) have money to go spend money to build an 8sec car. I perfer something that i can drive to the track From LEBANON, run an event like this, and drive home. Don't get me wrong i love going to shootouts and helping with Mike's Outlaw 10.5 car but I also love street cars and know what the guys that race on the street and drive their cars everyday want (10-12sec cars). I would be more than happy to help if you would like.

If they hold the line and have the rules that make you have a street car ie all working lights, wipers rear, exhaust ,registration,tags,insurance etc you won't have many trailer queens.that's why a true street tire would be a good idea

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 pm 

Yes i agree with the street tire idea. Also running quarter mile in the true street class.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm 

Nate wrote:
Yes i agree with the street tire idea. Also running quarter mile in the true street class.

Same here with the tire rule being a regular street tire to a MT ET street radial
and 1/4 mile

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm 

D.O.T. and 1/4. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

InTheRed wrote:
all you're gonna get is 1 good turnout, after that everyone will see that if your not fast enough to hang with a D/R car then you don'thave a chance. It's gonna end up being just another class for shootout cars. I don't care either way, but I for one would like to see some fast "actual" street cars mix it up!

Bingo.

And in reference to Blake's earlier comment regarding slicks being run on the streets, do you think those cars are wearing those slicks when they get their cars inspected?

I'm just asking this because I really don't know what the law says regarding tires. I have always assumed that full on slicks would be illegal, but for all I know they are completely OK.

If not, and if this is a "street" class, then maybe that should be considered.

How about this for an idea? You have an authorized Missouri Inspector on location and every car that runs down the track has to pass Missouri inspection on the spot. It if passes, it rolls.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 pm 

Nate wrote:
Don't get me wrong i love going to shootouts and helping with Mike's Outlaw 10.5 car but I also love street cars and know what the guys that race on the street and drive their cars everyday want (10-12sec cars). I would be more than happy to help if you would like.

There is apparently always going to be a battle between the guys that think that just because it can be driven on the street that makes it a street car, and the guys that think that think that if the car isn't also a daily driver that it shouldn't count.

Personally I lean more towards the daily driver side of things because I am more impressed with a car that can drive to St. Louis and back while getting 30 mpg, can be driven to work every day with no drama and then post an 11 second quarter. Special purpose "street" cars that are on their 4th motor and have to be dressed up to pass inspection every year and get trailered to the track just don't seem like a street car to me. It'd be like calling my car a tractor just because I can drive it in a field.

But hey, everyone has their own opinion. If there was some way to have a "Daily Driver Drags" then I'd be all over that with a passion, so I can't really blame the guys that think the other way and have a passion for a no rules everything goes blowout.

When I started this little rant I had some kind of point but for the life of me I can't recall what it was now. So I'll just shut up now.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 pm 

Most of the street racers I know run older cars with historical plates . They have never had even one state inspection. They call them street cars and they run lexan windshields and no wipers with 14x32 slicks.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm 

But they can make the cruise...... ;)

LETS GO RACING!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
:soapbox: Seems that the spirit of doing whats right for the most people and the track should be the guideline for the first venture. To me, (and I don't have a dog in the fight only a wish to see good things at the track) the two classes as presented are a good starting point. I do think that the True street rules should be tight. Meaning limit the class to dot and stock suspension. Those that want to mod more should step it up to Outlaw, those that cant run fast enough for T/S have the option of supporting the indexes that have been proposed. The distance in the final analysis is going to come down to safety, regardless of "what they do on the street". Dose no good to feel like you got your way and run 1/4, only to have someone go through the hay or worse. Some people have obviously worked very hard to get the ball rolling on this, and it could be a really cool deal for everyone that enjoys the track. :bang:

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion