Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 pm 

One way to limit the trailer queens for both classes is to make the cruise longer than 10 miles.
Let the Outlaw Street Class Rules be besides the cruise.

But on the True Street class
Add the following:
No lexan
Working Windshield Wipers
Exhaust to the axle
DOT Approved tires

The guys running slicks and lexan can run in the Outlaw class and hope they brought enough.
And then the "true street" class will be more of the street car/DD types that some are referring to.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 pm 

Doug Ackerman wrote:
Let the rear suspension separate the classes, not the tire!This will bring in a lot more cars.This is the beginning of this deal,so why put more limitations on the cars than what are in place.Let's get the cars at the track.What's the worst that could happen?Adding another class to fit all the cars that show up! :thumbsup:

:bang:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
greatwhitess wrote:
One way to limit the trailer queens for both classes is to make the cruise longer than 10 miles.
Let the Outlaw Street Class Rules be besides the cruise.

But on the True Street class
Add the following:
No lexan
Working Windshield Wipers
Exhaust to the axle
DOT Approved tires

The guys running slicks and lexan can run in the Outlaw class and hope they brought enough.
And then the "true street" class will be more of the street car/DD types that some are referring to.

What it comes down to is that outlaw is just that, but true street should actualy be able to pass a real inspection. Not just a do me a favor sticker.

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 pm 

Doug Ackerman wrote:
I thought you were kidding? This is True Street not Daily Driver Drag.The "SPIRIT" of the class can be enforced by the people who put this together.

No no, Doug, I should have been more clear. What I meant was if they wanted to put together an entirely separate event that could be called a "daily driver drag" that an on-site inspector might be a way to enforce it. I didn't mean to seem to be suggesting that sort of thing for this event.

At this point I think the rules should be run as written with the only real fine tuning being the length of the race based on safety. Let's let this event play for a couple of times and see what the turnout is. If no one is showing up, then it needs to be rethought. If there's a lot of hell-bent-for-leather runners there, then that'll be fun to watch.

Not to sound like a capitalist in our newly socialized country, but let the market forces decide. If the event can stand on its own, more power to it. The slowpokes like me can compete in the indexes, or we can argue our own rules at a later time.

Last edited by Devin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 pm 

"do me a favor sticker." there is a lot of them out there. I can tell you that 4 sure

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 pm 

Devin wrote:
Doug Ackerman wrote:
I thought you were kidding? This is True Street not Daily Driver Drag.The "SPIRIT" of the class can be enforced by the people who put this together.

No no, Doug, I should have been more clear. What I meant was if they wanted to put together an entirely separate event that could be called a "daily driver drag" that an on-site inspector might be a way to enforce it. I didn't mean to seem to be suggesting that sort of thing for this event.

Gotcha,I just reread your post. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 pm 

:bang: so where does my car fit into all this its street car every thing works can be licensed dont have the fuel tank for a long drive and if it brakes whitch it likes to to its a long walk back to harrison ar.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 pm 

monstercarlo wrote:
:bang: so where does my car fit into all this its street car every thing works can be licensed dont have the fuel tank for a long drive and if it brakes whitch it likes to to its a long walk back to harrison ar.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I am pretty sure it isn't that it COULD be licensed, rather is HAS to be licensed. Aside from that you can pick which of the two classes you want to compete in, depending really on what kind of tire you want to run.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 am 

where are the rules posted at still heve'nt seen any and could not make it to he meeting sorry i missed it and if it has to be taged it will leve me out no titel and don't wont to go through that haedake ever again looks like t&t olny

Last edited by monstercarlo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 am 

monstercarlo wrote:
where are the rules posted at still heve'nt seen any and could not make it to he meeting sorry i missed it
They are not up yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion