Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 am 

any tire , 1/8 mile :twisted:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 am 

nobottlebaby wrote:
We need an Easy Street class . Only a hand full of cars will be able to compete in the 2 proposed classes. Most of the street racers are going to be left-out again. Rules for an Easy Street class don't need to be complicated. Last year the rules for Easy Street were straight forward and easy to follow. This class would in-compass most of the street cars and trucks that come to T'N'T and midnight drags, but still leave the other two class to the few very fast, power adder type cars.
:soapbox: We need a class for the average bolt-on type performance street cars, and not just a super fast class centered around Blake's cars. And we sure don't need more index or bracket racing. People want to see and compete in heads up racing.

X5989565656

We need something for the average cars not just the radials cars that can't compete in radial so they run this.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:15 am 

Devin wrote:
I think the Outlaw class is 1/8th mile. There's some discussion as to the True Street class but I have a feeling they are going to run that at 1000 feet.

* i agree 100% to that , everyone likes mph and the thrill of running some guys car down on the big end - 1/4 mile , but in true street the cars every one brings would be safer at 1000 ft and 1/8 in outlaw may help level the playing field/track/event... :twisted:
-- ANY TIRE GOES ! -- SLICK/DRAG RADIALS - are specific , and may be much safer / faster :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:19 am 

Nate wrote:
nobottlebaby wrote:
We need an Easy Street class . Only a hand full of cars will be able to compete in the 2 proposed classes. Most of the street racers are going to be left-out again. Rules for an Easy Street class don't need to be complicated. Last year the rules for Easy Street were straight forward and easy to follow. This class would in-compass most of the street cars and trucks that come to T'N'T and midnight drags, but still leave the other two class to the few very fast, power adder type cars.
:soapbox: We need a class for the average bolt-on type performance street cars, and not just a super fast class centered around Blake's cars. And we sure don't need more index or bracket racing. People want to see and compete in heads up racing.

X5989565656

We need something for the average cars not just the radials cars that can't compete in radial so they run this.

*TRUE STATMENT , 3-CLASSES WOULD BE IDEAL... :peel:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:29 am 

THE THRILL I GET THE MOST IS THE HOLE SHOT. JUST RIP YOUR COMP RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND MAKE HIM/HER RUN YOU DOWN. MY OPINION. BUT YOUR RIGHT TOP END CAN BE THRILLING. THEY SHOULD HAVE A HOLESHOT CLASS FOR STREET CARS THAT RUN IN 1/8 AND 1000FT.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 am 

Hehe, why not just have a 60' class? :burnout:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:39 am 

THINK OF SOME OF THE TIRE PULLERS THAT WOULD BE IN THAT CLASS. FUN FUN.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 am 

You know, I meant that as a joke but the more I think about it the more fun it sounds.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 am 

i wasn't at the meeting don't know any of the rules,but my STREET car which i drove 400 miles on the power tour last year will run 145 mph+ in the 1/4 too fast for ozarks shut down area. i just want to say thanks to the Chance family and everyone else involed in keeping the the track opened and putting on various events for us to come down and have some fun. i have read this whole thread and man i feel for the guys who have to make the rules. no matter the rules,class etc. there will allways be a faster guy and some times the faster guy goes up in smoke!!! man i'll race Palmer i don't care. with tracks shutting down faster than the are being built, lets just be happy we have a place to go and whale the piss put of our cars. LETS RACE!!!!! :peel:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 am 

apod wrote:
Well who do I throw the stick at then. I was at the meeting sunday and I should have said something. I just feel 10 miles dosn't prove anything thats my biggest complaint.

Still would like to see more miles on the cruise......BUT

I do think this year is going to be alot better and alot more fun than the last couple of years, for the racers and the people watching. Good luck guys you have my full support!!! :peel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion