Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOT Slicks
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm 

Keith is this something new? It was 10.50 or 120+ MPH.
55promod wrote:
The break is 12.00 for 1/4 . If you run faster we will let Bob do a wheelie on your head !!! :thumbsup:

Keith

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:
test and tune nights i think will still be 1000ft. on the slicks.

so are dot slicks considered street tires or slicks? i am really only interested in tnt nights and midnight drags but would like to run the 1/4 not the 1/8.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 am 

cosmo22nov wrote:
Larry Jr. wrote:
test and tune nights i think will still be 1000ft. on the slicks.

so are dot slicks considered street tires or slicks? i am really only interested in tnt nights and midnight drags but would like to run the 1/4 not the 1/8.

A DOT slick is a slick. If you read when you order them form places like Summit Racing, etc. they tell you that they are not approved for highway use. They only meet the requirements for certain DOT tire classes. I think it's extremely misleading and shouldn't be called a DOT slick if it can not be used on a public highway. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:36 am 

well thats stupid. :bang:

so junkman are you from sparta? i live out here in oldfield, dont know if you've ever seen me but i drive the green and silver dodge diesel with black wheels.

so does anyone have a good suggestion for some drag radials for a heavy-ish truck? its a 2wd so i will need the biggest ones possible.

this is what i was thinking of using
http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn ... how_detail

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 am 

cosmo22nov wrote:

so junkman are you from sparta? i live out here in oldfield, dont know if you've ever seen me but i drive the green and silver dodge diesel with black wheels.

so does anyone have a good suggestion for some drag radials for a heavy-ish truck? its a 2wd so i will need the biggest ones possible.

Bwahahaha!!!! You're the guy that used to piss me off all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I used to have a white Lincoln Mark VIII and you used to somehow end up in front of me on my way home every night and you'd blow black smoke everywhere and it drove me nuts because your truck was just fast enough that I couldn't pass you. :lol: I wondered where you were from. I'll have to say hi next time I see you. :peel:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 am 

And yes. I live in Sparta. :burnout:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 am 

junkman306 wrote:
A DOT slick is a slick. If you read when you order them form places like Summit Racing, etc. they tell you that they are not approved for highway use. They only meet the requirements for certain DOT tire classes. I think it's extremely misleading and shouldn't be called a DOT slick if it can not be used on a public highway. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Also remember that this is my opinion and not the opinion of the track. I'm just going off of what I've read in parts magazines. There's always that small part in parentheses that says they're not for highway use or something like that. I've also read a few articles where they meet the requirements of the class, but not necessarily the DOT laws of the road. I'd wait for the official word for Keith or someone. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:20 am 

cosmo22nov wrote:

Do you know Mike that lives on the corner of T highway and Casey Ridge road? He's got a white dodge, same body style as yours that's pretty quick. :peel:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 pm 

junkman306 wrote:
cosmo22nov wrote:

Bwahahaha!!!! You're the guy that used to piss me off all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol: I used to have a white Lincoln Mark VIII and you used to somehow end up in front of me on my way home every night and you'd blow black smoke everywhere and it drove me nuts because your truck was just fast enough that I couldn't pass you. :lol: I wondered where you were from. I'll have to say hi next time I see you. :peel:

oh sorry man, i really have to watch my right foot in that truck :D it been out for about 2 months now (blew the stock turbo) and the new one is supposed to be in tomorrow ( NOT stock :thumbsup: )

so you said you used to have a lincoln, what do you drive now? and yeah ill have to say hi sometime, i am actually going to the track saturday to see how my truck runs.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:49 pm 

junkman306 wrote:
cosmo22nov wrote:

Do you know Mike that lives on the corner of T highway and Casey Ridge road? He's got a white dodge, same body style as yours that's pretty quick. :peel:

yeah i know him sorta, ive talked to him online. his truck runs a 12.8 :peel:

i am aiming for mid 11's , all ill need after this turbo is a good set of injectors and ill be pretty close to my goal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion