Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DOT Slicks
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm 

cosmo22nov wrote:
oh sorry man, i really have to watch my right foot in that truck :D it been out for about 2 months now (blew the stock turbo) and the new one is supposed to be in tomorrow ( NOT stock :thumbsup: )

Sweet. I think I see your truck on occasion at the little cabin type house on church st. in Ozark. :peel:

Quote:
so you said you used to have a lincoln, what do you drive now? and yeah ill have to say hi sometime, i am actually going to the track saturday to see how my truck runs.

I drive the 1998 Mustang GT in my avatar pic. I'll be there saturday too. Look around the pit area. I'll be in a teal blue/green George Ray's T-shirt. My wife and I are both tall. Can't miss us. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 pm 

Just for the record if a tire is DOT(Department of Transportation) approved that means it is street legal. The warning that you see in the catalogs means that even though it is DOT approved and technically legal to use on the street it is not very well suited for daily driver type applications or regualar street use and is designed for racing with limited (Dry street only! :lol: )street use.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:58 pm 

junkman306 wrote:
cosmo22nov wrote:
oh sorry man, i really have to watch my right foot in that truck :D it been out for about 2 months now (blew the stock turbo) and the new one is supposed to be in tomorrow ( NOT stock :thumbsup: )

Sweet. I think I see your truck on occasion at the little cabin type house on church st. in Ozark. :peel:

Quote:
so you said you used to have a lincoln, what do you drive now? and yeah ill have to say hi sometime, i am actually going to the track saturday to see how my truck runs.

I drive the 1998 Mustang GT in my avatar pic. I'll be there saturday too. Look around the pit area. I'll be in a teal blue/green George Ray's T-shirt. My wife and I are both tall. Can't miss us. :thumbsup:

yeah that house on church street is actually my dad's office. and ill look for ya saturday. are u gonna run your car.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 pm 

Na I'm not racin. My in-laws live on the corner of the first street past your dad's office. :peel:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 pm 

oh ok, i was planning on running my truck but i ran into some problems... :bang:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:54 pm 

cosmo22nov wrote:
oh ok, i was planning on running my truck but i ran into some problems... :bang:

I saw you today I think with no bed on it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:12 am 

ha ha yeah thats me. i plan on having a shortbed put on. so i traded my longbed for a shortbed a while back, its sitting in my garage. but i just got the new turbo on yesturday and already have another problem. lol i think my truck hates me

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 am 

cosmo22nov wrote:
ha ha yeah thats me. i plan on having a shortbed put on. so i traded my longbed for a shortbed a while back, its sitting in my garage. but i just got the new turbo on yesturday and already have another problem. lol i think my truck hates me

You're putting a shortbed on a long bed frame? How's that gonna work? Or did you trade trucks?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 am 

well they dont make single cab shortbed diesel trucks. so i am having everything shortened up to accept the shortbed. i have talked to a couple guys that have done this and i have plenty of pictures so its just a matter of money now :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm 

cosmo22nov wrote:
well they dont make single cab shortbed diesel trucks. so i am having everything shortened up to accept the shortbed. i have talked to a couple guys that have done this and i have plenty of pictures so its just a matter of money now :roll:

Sweet! It sounds like a lot of work, but it'll beat neat to have a short bed diesel. Money might be the hard part. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion