Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: cigarette TAX
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:23 am 

junkman306 wrote:
And speaking of "for the children", has anyone seen that the government is forcing some of our top companies to sell their corporate jets? Did you also know that 566 of our top companies, including failing companies, make up the Corporate Angel Network? Do any of you Obama supporter/children haters know what the Corporate Angel Network is?

No.....what is it :?:

ps....there are no "children haters.".....but people who exploit children ,
the very word , for the good of their cause are not popular in this household....how dare anyone use "children" for gain....how dare them..
:cry: :cry: :x :x Oh , don't make me go there Junkman....please don't... :peel: :peel: :peel:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:39 am 

The "other side" doesnt hate children, they just wanna kill them before they are born, but in our wonderful presidents eyes its okay to kill them as they are being born. I think he voted 3 times to allow that as a senator in Illinois. :bang: LOL, he's gettin me started again :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:43 am 

Oh, I think he just wants to expose my "frugly" side.. :lol:

The defining of this "Angel Network" better have some real substance.. ;) ;)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 am 

Kay here is the link that explains the Corporate Angel Network---http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Charitable+group+recruits+corporate+jets+for+good+cause.-a0139718692

It is truly a great thing they are doing. Unfortunately, it may be done allot less with people donating less and corporations having to cut back on expenditures.

This is just one example of "Change"

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14 pm 

Hey Bob
Next they will be charging a Smokers Tax on BURNOUTS.Smoke is Smoke

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:56 pm 

I love children...they taste like chicken. :lol: :lol:

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:42 am 

:soapbox: I don't know if any of you remember a thing from the past called the Master Settlement Agreement? It was an agreement signed by the tobacco companies & the Attorneys Generals of the US in 1998. The tobacco companies agreed to pay $225 Billion .....yep, that's right....$225 BILLION to the States over a 25 year period. The funds were largely in part earmarked for smoking related illness & youth prevention programs. Here it is 10 years later & less than 3% of the money has been spent on the intended uses. For the most part it goes into the general fund & is used for whatever. Think the Attorneys Generals REALLY cared about health issues. Do you REALLY think the current government cares about health care for children or do they just want the extra $38 billion to pittel away like the rest of it.

I get so tired of hearing how cigarettes are bad for you & cause so many health problems. If health problems are such a big issue, STOP DRIVING YOUR CAR. Oh, I'm sorry...that effects way to many people doesn't it. It's real easy to pi$$ off 20% of the people, but don't mess with something that effects the majority.

The report is that 60% of people in the US are over weight, bordering on obesity. Think that there are any health issues & costs connected to that.

A friend of mine had an interesting thought. He said give every tax filing American $1 million. No more living on welfare, wic & working Americans. People could catch up their mortgages, car payments, credit cards..ect. It would stimulate the economy, give some relief to the social service programs & for guys like myself who could live the rest of our lives on $1 million, it would create some job vacancies for other people. :D From what my friend estimated, this would cost somewhere around $250-$300 million. That seems alot cheaper than these $75 billion buy outs we are seeing. The only problem he saw with this program was that he doubted that the government actually HAS $250-$300 million. :lol:

Off :soapbox:

The only love greater than a grandparents love, is Gods love.

Friends do, what friends do, because their friends.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 am 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
80bu wrote:
:soapbox:

A friend of mine had an interesting thought. He said give every tax filing American $1 million. No more living on welfare, wic & working Americans. People could catch up their mortgages, car payments, credit cards..ect. It would stimulate the economy, give some relief to the social service programs & for guys like myself who could live the rest of our lives on $1 million, it would create some job vacancies for other people. :D From what my friend estimated, this would cost somewhere around $250-$300 million. That seems alot cheaper than these $75 billion buy outs we are seeing. The only problem he saw with this program was that he doubted that the government actually HAS $250-$300 million. :lol:

You mean only 299 other americans paid taxes last year? 300,000,000/1,000,000 equals ?

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:43 am 

That would only be 1.00 per person Bob if they hand out 250-300 million.

Life expectancy keeps going UP, none of the major "telethon" diseases have been cured, yet we are fatter and lazier than ever. How can this be?

They will use any excuse in the book to take your money and it NEVER is spent on what they say it will be spent on. Just like our good ole state of Misery, the lottery was supposed to go to education, money from gambling to education, it actually goes in the general fund too, and our property taxes keep going thru the roof in the name of education. NEVER TRUST A POLITICIAN, THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF LIARS!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:22 pm 

WHALE DRIVER wrote:
80bu wrote:
:soapbox:

You mean only 299 other americans paid taxes last year? 300,000,000/1,000,000 equals ?

:lol: :lol: , your right. Just checking to see if you were paying attention. :lol: If the government doesn't have $300,000,000, I bet they really don't have that much. :lol:

The only love greater than a grandparents love, is Gods love.

Friends do, what friends do, because their friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion