Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 pm 

Whats the big hype over 1/4 mile ive ran 1/8 1000ft and 1/4 and after doing so for years I think the 1/4 sucks

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 pm 

sbmrx7 wrote:
Whats the big hype over 1/4 mile ive ran 1/8 1000ft and 1/4 and after doing so for years I think the 1/4 sucks

To each his own--I think bracket racing sucks but you and others like it. Myself and others prefer the 1/4, others may disagree. If shorter is better why not just run the 60' or like I said on the first page--just have a reaction time contest and leave the cars at home.

Last edited by Steve88 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:12 pm 

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:28 pm 

Steve88 wrote:
sbmrx7 wrote:

To each his own--I think bracket racing sucks but you and others like it. Myself and others prefer the 1/4, others may disagree. If shorter is better why not just run the 60' or like I said on the first page--just have a reaction time contest and leave the cars at home.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: That has to be the dumbest post ever run 60 ft :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:17 pm 

sbmrx7 wrote:
Steve88 wrote:
sbmrx7 wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: That has to be the dumbest post ever run 60 ft :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think your post was even dumber--"What's the hype over 1/4 mile" It is the standard time and distance format for drag racing--that's mostly the hype. :bang: You are the one that likes to race short distances not me so I fugured 60' racing would be right up your alley. :D

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm 

Even the big guys have went to a 1000 ft :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm 

sbmrx7 wrote:

Because it was mandated for safety reasons--not by choice. :roll:

I think shorter distances for extremely fast cars and and shootout style cars makes sense but for 10 second street cars 1/4 is still the standard. The post I made earlier was to make the point that even if you don't like the 1/4 that doesn't mean that I have to agree with you just like I don't care for bracket racing and you don't have to agree with me. You bracket race and run the 1/8 which is what you like--great, more power to you, but I prefer the 1/4 as do many street car guys.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm 

Have you ever even tried bracket racing ????? Its alot harder than heads up !!!!! You should come down and give it a try I use to say I wouldnt like it either until I tried it and liked it> I would rather run a 1000 ft for brackets but they went to 1/8 so I adjusted

Last edited by sbmrx7 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm 

it may be the standard format at some tracks........1/4 mile strips are fading away.....steve, why not build your car for 1/8th mile......

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm 

Steve88 wrote:
sbmrx7 wrote:

Because it was mandated for safety reasons--not by choice. :roll: .

Safety maybe, but have you noticed how many times the big guys oil down the track any more? They may be able to drop the penalties that were associated with oil downs because they are not breaking so many parts. They are already back up to speeds close to what the 1/4 was and they are doing cheaper with less broken parts.

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion