Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm 

Steve's is a street car, and like me prefers to run 1/4 mile. Its just too expensive to run Ozark then tow to MoKan weekly. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, run points at Ozark and make an occasional jaunt to MoKan to cure my need for speed ;)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm 

Bob wrote:
Steve's is a street car, and like me prefers to run 1/4 mile. Its just too expensive to run Ozark then tow to MoKan weekly. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, run points at Ozark and make an occasional jaunt to MoKan to cure my need for speed ;)

Biuld a faster car and get the speed faster :D :D :D :D

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 pm 

sbmrx7 wrote:
Have you ever even tried bracket racing ????? Its alot harder than heads up !!!!! You should come down and give it a try I use to say I wouldnt like it either until I tried it and liked it> I would rather run a 1000 ft for brackets but they went to 1/8 so I adjusted

I have tried bracket racing a few times but not real seriuosly. I have no doubt it takes skill to bracket race but its just not my bag. I would be interested in trying index racing where there is a heads up start but the staggered start in bracket racing is kind of deal breaker for me.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm 

Steve88 wrote:
sbmrx7 wrote:
Have you ever even tried bracket racing ????? Its alot harder than heads up !!!!! You should come down and give it a try I use to say I wouldnt like it either until I tried it and liked it> I would rather run a 1000 ft for brackets but they went to 1/8 so I adjusted

I have tried bracket racing a few times but not real seriuosly. I have no doubt it takes skill to bracket race but its just not my bag. I would be interested in trying index racing where there is a heads up start but the staggered start in bracket racing is kind of deal breaker for me.

Ive had to set for over 9 second before that does suck. Thge indexs are fun and wish we had them at the shootouts instead of bracket racing

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 pm 

Quote:
The indexs are fun and wish we had them at the shootouts instead of bracket racing

can I get a big amen?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:
it may be the standard format at some tracks........1/4 mile strips are fading away.....steve, why not build your car for 1/8th mile......

You're right 1/4 tracks are fading away sadly. The main reason I don't want to set my car for 1/8 mile racing is like Bob said--its a street car that sees a lot of street driving so the gearing that usually goes along with 1/8 miles racing is not street friendly. My car has been on the Power Tour and will likely go again in the future so I want to keep it as street friendly as possible.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm 

Bob wrote:
Quote:
The indexs are fun and wish we had them at the shootouts instead of bracket racing

can I get a big amen?

AMEN !!!!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:02 pm 

sbmrx7 wrote:
Steve88 wrote:
sbmrx7 wrote:

Ive had to set for over 9 second before that does suck. Thge indexs are fun and wish we had them at the shootouts instead of bracket racing

Here is something we can agree on-index racing. If they would pick a 1000' time equivilant to about a 10.50 and have an index race using that time I think they would get a lot of guys to particiapte-both bracket guys and street car guys. I think index racing would be more spectator freindly also--few people understand the staggered start.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:05 pm 

Me and Bob could always peddle it and run the 10.50 index :D

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm 

The KOTS index races are supposed to be 1/4 mile from what I gathered in the other post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion