Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 am 

Racers, Please take a moment this week to read our policy on race day attire/safety equipment. Any car faster than 8.59 1/8 mile requires no shorts, tank tops, sandals, bare skin, etc. Fire jackets mandatory at 6.50. Please bring the appropriate equipment with you for your car. AL

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm 

your picking on attire, but whata about the cars that were running faster then 9.90s saturday night, shouldn't they have a lic to run that fast ,u dont check that or care so whats it matter about attire.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm 

Rapid, I can only assume that you are talking about an NHRA licence to run a car faster than 9.90.....since we are an outlaw track, not an NHRA sanctioned track, we are not able to issue such a licence here so it would only stand to reason that we are not able to require such a licence here. If you are talking about a drivers licence that is issued by the state of Missouri I believe that you may have a good point.....I will start asking people for that licence this weekend. I can also only assume that you do not know me personally......saying that I don't care is quite a statement. If you knew me personally, I don't believe you would say that. I deeply care about our racers safety. They are a great group of people.....many are long time personal friends that go way beyond racing and ORP. I would love to see our safety policies be much stricter than what they are but we also have to take a reasonable stand, try to bring the standards up as much as we can each season, and enforce what we currently have in place. Hence my post that started this thread. I believe that I would much rather have our racers put on pants, shirts, jackets, and shoes that may protect them from a burn than worry about a piece of paper issued by the NHRA. I believe that I am going to start to refer to this safety gear policy as the "James Kunkel Rule". If you do not know who that is, ask me when you are in the staging lanes. See you at the track.....bring your drivers licence. AL

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:24 pm 

rapidfire wrote:
your picking on attire, but whata about the cars that were running faster then 9.90s saturday night, shouldn't they have a lic to run that fast ,u dont check that or care so whats it matter about attire.

:lol:
Really? Horse before cart...to even get that license, you would have to first be properly attired. Common sense says wear at least enough to cover exposed skin. Accidents are going to happen regardless of if the NHRA has milked you for money or not for a paper slip. You stand a better chance of surviving an accident with proper clothing on then with that license.

Hey Al, how rich are you getting to put up with everything, build back a program, and take the crap you are given every week?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 pm 

Thank you for asking James....I realize that inquiring minds want to know....I am rich beyond belief!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 pm 

Al Most of us really appreciate what you are doing so keep it up
And By the way Do you have a car I can use ? :lol: :lol: :lol: I have the fire jacket so I dont need much more

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:07 pm 

I have the wicked blown scion..........or a bbc dually suburban. Whoa, you can't drive the suburban....Bob says friends don't let James drive a big block. lol

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 pm 

opnwhl23 wrote:
I have the wicked blown scion..........or a bbc dually suburban. Whoa, you can't drive the suburban....Bob says friends don't let James drive a big block. lol

:D :D :D :D

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 pm 

I have a pair of flame resistant underwear, but they are not for racing purposes.
Anyone got a match? :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am 

After spending 2008-2009 in Iraq one of my favorite moves was Carnage fest. if you would take time to watch you would see that most cars that catch on fire tend to burn to the ground. the location on the track doesn't matter to much. I ordered a two layer suite when i got back yes its very hot to wear. Bracket racing you might think that my car only runs 9 in the 1/8 on pump gas. What about the car in the other lane running 6.5 on alchol think about the worst that could happen. There is no reason not to be safe!
terry lauwers i have the 1986 chevy truck and the 1966 chevy II

Board index » Main » General Discussion