Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 am 

Great showing,what was the fastest time in pro street for the night? I would like get mine in the next race just got to get the bugs worked out.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:23 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
oldtimer wrote:
Amanda wrote:
Pro Street was definitely an awesome show!! From the Camaro, to Brian in our old Pro Street car, to Mark in the coupe, it was definitely what Pro Street should be!! :mrgreen:
The camaro is actually a 67 firebird with absolutely no power adders at all .I love watching that prostreet class,you gotta like the old three pedal cars

Sorry about that i remember that car from way back !!! I think they need to change the rules to all cars have to have 3 pedals lol any other old super shifter cars out there

btw if this stays a class where no one is running much faster than 4.90 there will be a lot more cool old school cars showing up

I agree. If the class stays as is It will grow quickly. It sure was a blast to watch

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm 

i dam sure woudnt start building a car for this class ive done it twice........youll go broke :soapbox:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:57 am 

It sure does have several people looking at it. . . ... . There are a couple of guys 150 miles away, that say they'll be making it down.

Someone did well by conforming to what a lot of guys are running now. Badazz cars that are "still". .. . Street Legal .. . . Man I'm Loving It !!!

Frank James

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am 

robwakefield38 wrote:
i dam sure woudnt start building a car for this class ive done it twice........youll go broke :soapbox:

Well the rules are wide open all you need is an OEM body everything else is wide open!!!!!!
the only thing that's not legal is a pro mod all fiberglass or carbon fiber body or a pro stock style panel car ....................so if you built a car like that for pro street and the top cars were running 4.30's and 4.20's just step up and run pro mod

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 am 

Hey Jim clarify the rules for me,

Our 01 camaro had steel quarter panels and roof. It had working head lights and tail lights. Also a horn and turn signals. If we still had the car and we put an OEM transmission in it (powerglide or turbo 400) would this car be legal? If not, what is illegal about it?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am 

good question Pierce!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:03 pm 

Little Pierce wrote:
Hey Jim clarify the rules for me,

Our 01 camaro had steel quarter panels and roof. It had working head lights and tail lights. Also a horn and turn signals. If we still had the car and we put an OEM transmission in it (powerglide or turbo 400) would this car be legal? If not, what is illegal about it?

Yes you should your 80,000.00 car only no motor or trans {2001 dollars} think they are 120,000.00 now or 200,000.00 plus with all of the light weight components add 80,000.00 for the latest 800 ci motor 8 k for glide and billet converter.

Now race against guys that have home built cars and motors maybe 50 k in car truck and trailer seems fair to me.

Did you guys feel a great since of accomplishment out running most of the cars by a half a second? also since your car was a ''pro street'' car how come you never went to orlando or did any NMCA racing against the other quarter million dollar ''pro street'' cars

The ''spirit'' of the pro street class was it was a low buck pro mod class the fastest 4 cars in the class were all bickel pro mod pro stock type cars.

I think there still will need to be some rule tweaking because on paper you can easily go 4.30's now if that happens then all of your cars running will vanish like last time.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 pm 

That is a good question we were thinking about ripping off the glass and adding Steel OEM Sheet metal From GM or cut off the body on my street car!!! It wouldnt add much weight. If Roof an Quarters are the differance between P/M and P/S, We did not know when we built a NHRA Super Comp / Super Gas car that we actualy built a Pro Mod....
WE are still running the same 632 single stage NOS ,powerglide, weld together b&m converter and chassis.
that was wrecked memorial day weekend 2001. Turbo Todd & Don SHOTIME Better watch out the other 10.5 guys will be wanting them to move up a class or two (Great running hot rods by the way)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm 

There is not a price limit in pro street the last time i checked.

And the furthest we have ever gone is Houston. Our entire crew has full time jobs and/or going to school. We can't take a week to be gone at a race. We always wanted to go just never were able to.

Here is my point...if you dont want 4.30 cars in pro street then make the rules so someone can't build one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion