Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 pm 

There was a reference to Billy's car, which by the way weighs 2020 lbs with that SBF in it.
So no one would complain if someone showed up in a tube chassis C6 Vette which has all carbon body panels stock, add Light Carbon doors and frontend and the car could easily come in under 2200 lbs with an aluminum 780 with 3 systems on it. Add one of Micke's Turbo 400's and it would run teens all day without effort. Totally legal by todays rules and using stock C6 quarters and roof would be within the "Spirit of the Rules"
My point is that with the rules in place there are plenty of ways to run teens so If this class is meant to keep cost down, rules need to be put in place to do that. Limit power adders, cu in, weight, Chassis type, etc.
What kills classes is payout, we all need to work as hard trying to help the new owners come up with money as we do sitting here debating on why classes fail.
Go to any big money street car race and there is never a shortage of cars that travel from all over to be there. Go to Orlando and see if you see California plates there, I bet you do. There were guys there from Washington cant get much further than that.
We just all need to help to try to get sponsors on board to help the new owners, they have showed plenty of interest now we have to help.
Cbell

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:21 pm 

Good post Chris!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 pm 

Thats my cousin! lol

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:59 am 

cbell wrote:
There was a reference to Billy's car, which by the way weighs 2020 lbs with that SBF in it.
So no one would complain if someone showed up in a tube chassis C6 Vette which has all carbon body panels stock, add Light Carbon doors and frontend and the car could easily come in under 2200 lbs with an aluminum 780 with 3 systems on it. Add one of Micke's Turbo 400's and it would run teens all day without effort. Totally legal by todays rules and using stock C6 quarters and roof would be within the "Spirit of the Rules"
My point is that with the rules in place there are plenty of ways to run teens so If this class is meant to keep cost down, rules need to be put in place to do that. Limit power adders, cu in, weight, Chassis type, etc.
What kills classes is payout, we all need to work as hard trying to help the new owners come up with money as we do sitting here debating on why classes fail.
Go to any big money street car race and there is never a shortage of cars that travel from all over to be there. Go to Orlando and see if you see California plates there, I bet you do. There were guys there from Washington cant get much further than that.
We just all need to help to try to get sponsors on board to help the new owners, they have showed plenty of interest now we have to help.
Cbell

I guess a guy could spend 200k +++++ and build such a car and run 4 teen's for 65% of his entry fee then the next race he would be the only car left ,and the class will get axed again. NMCA and orlando ''pro street'' cars are pro mod cars we have a pro mod class.

Next time your here look at the cars now running pro street then i think you will get it lol

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 am 

turbo69camaro wrote:
Dustin wrote:
That is a good question we were thinking about ripping off the glass and adding Steel OEM Sheet metal From GM or cut off the body on my street car!!! It wouldnt add much weight. If Roof an Quarters are the differance between P/M and P/S, We did not know when we built a NHRA Super Comp / Super Gas car that we actualy built a Pro Mod....
WE are still running the same 632 single stage NOS ,powerglide, weld together b&m converter and chassis.
that was wrecked memorial day weekend 2001. Turbo Todd & Don SHOTIME Better watch out the other 10.5 guys will be wanting them to move up a class or two (Great running hot rods by the way)

Question for you............... the car that has won the pro mod points the last few years ran 4.20's and teens could you not step up put multi stages of nitrous and get close to that? Billy glidden has a 389ci small block ford with a single carb and a plate system and ran 4.10

This is heads up racing you have to step up or get left behind plain and simple it sucks but that's the way it is as long as there is someone that wants to be the big dog it drags everyone else along to try to keep up.I guarantee that if only 3 or 4 cars show up in D/R or the 10.5 classes they will get axed as well

Billy doesnt run a plate system anymore and hasnt for a few years. Try 2 foggers.

Board index » Main » General Discussion