Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:17 pm 

With the heat and low interest in Outlaw 10.5 today we're eliminating that class for this race and allowing any of those that qualify to run Pro Street!

(per Mitch 01:15PM - 06/30/2012)

Note - I believe this is a one race situation due to low car count today in OL10.5 - JH

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 pm 

Would there be any interest in an outlaw 10.5 class with no chassis rules????

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:41 pm 

how about intrest in running bracket points with the shootouts like we used to do? theres little intrest in index racing it seems, most classes this year havent had full fields every race. with low car count it makes alot of down time in between the shoot-out cars. i would love to have the monthly shootouts ran with a bracket race like we used to do, it helps get rubber down on the starting line and it keeps cars going down the track, thats what the fans pay to see.......o.k haters flame away

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:21 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
Would there be any interest in an outlaw 10.5 class with no chassis rules????

Ha ha ... been there... done that!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:
how about intrest in running bracket points with the shootouts like we used to do? theres little intrest in index racing it seems, most classes this year havent had full fields every race. with low car count it makes alot of down time in between the shoot-out cars. i would love to have the monthly shootouts ran with a bracket race like we used to do, it helps get rubber down on the starting line and it keeps cars going down the track, thats what the fans pay to see.......o.k haters flame away

Im all for it Larry! The only problem i believe would be the transbrake deal in no e, there are alot on index cars using the t/b. With the low car count you are absolutely right, all index cars are bracket cars anyway. Maybe just have a Box/ No Box bracket set up?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
Put it on a pro tree and all run.
box or no box brake or not.
I enjoy The Index and the 7.0 class
has probably had more total paid entries this year than any class
at a shoot out. More than a little disappointing to
find that plans are to not run any class I can enter
at Street machines, after buying a pit spot
and showing to all the previous shoot outs this
year. Kind of made it a no Brainer to not
come out in the heat this week.

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 pm 

danny, that is a good idea too. :)

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:25 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:

I understand your concern Larry ,you are at every shootout and there is hardly any 6.50 cars .the two classes that usually make are 7.00 and 6.00 it's unfortunate for you.Bracket racing is hard for some fans to comprehend ,cars leaving at different times .Some bracket fans don't want to pay 20.00 at the gate when other point races are 10.00.Some bracket racers don't want to be at the track until two a.m. or later in the morning. I will race either way we go ,i probably would do better at brackets than index because i don't use a trans brake to stay legal in N/E brackets.I think i am the only car in 6.00 without a trans brake.I love bracket racing,but i also like index racing we just need more cars at the shootouts.I think the 6.00 had more cars than any other class this week end and that is why the vote for index prevailed over brackets,they all run trans brakes.(I JUST WANNA RACE) Now i am going to say something that will get me into hot water the door slammer shootout fans like to identify with the cars,Chevy,Fords,Mopars,etc there a lot of bracket cars that don"t have doors ,i have listened to a lot of spectators talk and some of them don't understand everything about racing but they know a camaro or mustang when they line up.Don't get me wrong if they bracket race at shootouts i will be there,they are a lot of bracket cars left out because they won't fit in any of the indexes.Some don't like to switch from pro tree to bracket 5.00 tree .I don't know the answer,maybe some one has the answer

Last edited by oldtimer on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm 

I hope to get one going by the end of the year but may be next and Im like you guys anything that will help the car count we all need to get behind and help?????? Maybe this time the bracket guys get to help the shoot out guys :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:34 pm 

just trying to come up with creative ideas to get more cars

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Last edited by Larry Jr. on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Main » General Discussion