Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Delays at Outlaw races
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm 

Why were there such long delays in between runs Saturday night at the Outlaw races? There were not any oil downs and I know it does not take that long to change a pair of tires. So why the 40 to 50 minute delays at 1:00 in the morning? Also why does the announcer not use the PA to in form people what the delay is and how long it might be? It would be nice to be told what is going on so we can decide if we would like to stay or go home. Thanks

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 pm 

trey,

the delays were because the shoot-out guys have to have time between rounds to make adjustments, cool converter, adjust vlaves, change tires, bottles etc. they are way different than bracket cars. for every round of shoot-out cars ran, there was a round of protree brackets ran, we started late because of heat. the last delay in the final of 10.5 was the greatest show of sportmanship ive seen in a while, s. beeler was having tranny issues, and jason brown waited until he could get his truck fixed, and i think jason gave beeler the part to fix it if im not mistaken. great sportsmanship and my hats off to both.

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:16 am 

Larry Jr. wrote:
trey,

the delays were because the shoot-out guys have to have time between rounds to make adjustments, cool converter, adjust vlaves, change tires, bottles etc. they are way different than bracket cars. for every round of shoot-out cars ran, there was a round of protree brackets ran, we started late because of heat. the last delay in the final of 10.5 was the greatest show of sportmanship ive seen in a while, s. beeler was having tranny issues, and jason brown waited until he could get his truck fixed, and i think jason gave beeler the part to fix it if im not mistaken. great sportsmanship and my hats off to both.

X2 Well said

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:57 am 

I WAS INVOLVED MORE WITH THE CLEANUP AT THIS RACE MORE THAN I EVER HAVE BEEN AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS ITS THE " WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES EFFECT " I CAN TELL YOU THIS IF YOU THINK IT IS A EASY THING TO CLEAN UP A 200FT SWATH OF OIL OR A SHREDDED PROMOD BODY THEN I SUGGEST THIS THE NEXT TIME IT NEEDS TO BE DONE GO DOWN THERE AND IF NOT HELP JUST WATCH ! THESE GUYS DONT STAND AROUND THEY WORK THEIR ASSES OFF ! I HAD SOME OF MY PARTS PULLERS HELP WITH THE OIL DOWN AND I WAS AMAZED BY THE WAY MARTY AND THE OTHER TRACK GUYS STOOD SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH ROUGH AND RUGGED GUYS WHO WORK IN ALL CONDITIONS AS HARD AS THEY CAN EVERY DAY! SO WITH THAT SAID ....COULD THERE BE BETTER EQUIPTMENT TO MAKE THIS PROCESS EASIER YES BUT THAT TAKES MONEY AND WITH THE ECONOMY IN THE DUMPS AND THE BLISTERING HEAT OF THIS SUMMER I BET ORP IS JUST LIKE ALL BUSINESSES AND THEY HAVE TO MAKE DUE WITH WHAT THEY HAVE FOR NOW AND PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS A SMART ASS JAB ABOUT SOMEONE PUTTING UP A COMPLAINT WE ALL NEED TO KNOW HOW WE CAN IMPROVE!! BUT AS I SAID JUST TO LEARN ABOUT THE PROCESS JUST GO WATCH WHAT IT TAKES TO GET A TRACK READY TO RACE ON AFTER A ISSUE YOU WOULD BE AMAZED TO SEE THE WHOLE CLEANUP FIRST HAND MY HATS OFF TO THE ORP CREW FOR DOING AS GOOD AS THEY DO WITH WHAT THEY HAVE !!!!!!

Board index » Main » General Discussion