Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: To the SOB Friday Night
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm 

This does not or meant to be intended for the many ethical and stand up people we have met at Ozark Raceeway Park.

If a part like a muffler and collector pipe fall off of your car and you don not tell the tower to stop racing you are complete piece of shit! My daughter did a great job driving Friday night after hitting said items above at 122 mph at the 1/8 stripe.
If and when I find out who you are you are I plan and will give you a piece of my mind. I expect an apology from you to my daughter and family. You are worthless piece of shit so prove me wrong!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:32 pm 

fyi the track personel at the end of track are not the people I want taking care of me if a wreck happens.
Al we will be back to race but I will verify the the safety people on hand before my children go down track again!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 pm 

Mark, Again, I apologize for the problems you had with your car after hitting a large piece of debris that fell on the track. I too, am pretty upset with whom ever it was that dropped that hunk of iron off of their car and did not come directly to the starting line or staging to tell us to stop racing to clear the track. You will recall that I made an immediate announcement over the PA about the severity of this problem. Regretably the debris in question was some where between the 1/8th mile and 1000 ft. making it impossible to see from the starting line as well as the medical stand. The med guys are posted down track about 1600 ft or about 1/8th of a mile away from where this debris had landed. Our med guys are always on alert and call me constantly about track conditions, debris, rain, and dozens of other things throughout the night. Had they been able to see this, they would have radioed to the top end. Again my apologies to you and your daughter. With all of this being said, I too will say again, as I said over the PA on Friday night. I have a hard time believing that the driver who dropped this part off of their car didn't realize it was gone, didn't come directly to somebody to let us know your parts were on the track, and did not inquire as to who and what was damaged and make an apology. It is EVERYONES responceability to be safe and think of their fellow racers safety as well. My hope is that we all learned from this and can improve in the future. AL

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm 

opnwhl23 wrote:
Mark, Again, I apologize for the problems you had with your car after hitting a large piece of debris that fell on the track. I too, am pretty upset with whom ever it was that dropped that hunk of iron off of their car and did not come directly to the starting line or staging to tell us to stop racing to clear the track. You will recall that I made an immediate announcement over the PA about the severity of this problem. Regretably the debris in question was some where between the 1/8th mile and 1000 ft. making it impossible to see from the starting line as well as the medical stand. The med guys are posted down track about 1600 ft or about 1/8th of a mile away from where this debris had landed. Our med guys are always on alert and call me constantly about track conditions, debris, rain, and dozens of other things throughout the night. Had they been able to see this, they would have radioed to the top end. Again my apologies to you and your daughter. With all of this being said, I too will say again, as I said over the PA on Friday night. I have a hard time believing that the driver who dropped this part off of their car didn't realize it was gone, didn't come directly to somebody to let us know your parts were on the track, and did not inquire as to who and what was damaged and make an apology. It is EVERYONES responceability to be safe and think of their fellow racers safety as well. My hope is that we all learned from this and can improve in the future. AL

Al you have been more than kind in this situation and I have know problem with you in any way shit happens. As far as the top end guys thats maybe a bad take by an angry father(myself) and scared daughter!

NOW CHANGE THE 8.5 RULES SO OUR LADDER BARS CAN RACE THIS YEAR!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 pm 

NOW CHANGE THE 8.5 RULES SO OUR LADDER BARS CAN RACE THIS YEAR!
Good luck tried for two years then just gave in and changed the car to fit the rules so they better not now :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 pm 

I ran after Darci went and ran over the same thing...I saw Darci's flat tire and told the timing shack there is something wrong with the track shut it down. I told him felt like I hit a huge pothole. All I got was a blank stare and confused look. I probably should have went up the tower or called you Al.

MW8.5RA/Vamp 8.5 car.

Silver 1991 Mustang GT

Board index » Main » General Discussion