Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 am 

Ok I need toe alls appinion out of these 3 rides I have found what would be the best one to go with . A 78 grand prix. A 80 somthing s15 that's set up for a SBC but has cowl hood but off frame mounts it takes the tipe that has the bolt on the rubber. Then it feeds into the flat frame mounts it also has thes deals under the leafs bolted to them or I can get an 80 somthing trans am wit t tops all of them just bodys. What would be the best one to build being my first drag car . Also would the TA have a posie under it. Thanks for any advice. Still need to get rid of that LT1. Still looking 4 trades

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 pm 

I think the F body would be the optimum choice except for the T tops, then G body, then truck. Pull the cover off the rear and see if its posi.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 pm 

Bob don't care to push 2 tons down the track......he's got 500+ cubes. If you want to go fast AND cheap....snatch up the lil' S-15 pickup and make it as light as possible. Heck, a healthy smallblock will put it in the 11's. You will have more fun running quick and your tow rig will have an easier life also!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 pm 

i agree with ted.... the little truck would be your easiest way to go fast, bolt some solid motor mounts in it, and you will not need to modify anything if using a 350 turbo or powerglide. some shorty headers and go racing. just keep a few dollars put back when you puke the 7.5 rear-end they are not strong, the gran prix has the same 7.5

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 am 

T-top cars of all styles, are heavy and weak. I would avoid that body. It will need a cage to keep it square. The G body has good weight transfer, but like Jr. said, weak rear end, and they too can be a little portly. A diet would be in order, plus a back half if you start making hp. Like the other guys, my choice of these would be the little pick up. It is light, and won't need so much hp to make it quick. You still may need to change rears, but you will find putting tubs in a bed is easier than putting them in a trunk. The pick up will be a little nose heavy but suspension and tires will help out a lot.

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Board index » Main » General Discussion