Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: True 10.5 ?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 am 

i'm not a fan of scales but i guess it has come to that now.....lol scales actually help us cuz we're small block nitrous. still don't know how you big block guys can be so light. we're about 3000 lbs with driver with a little motor. there are a few things we could do to save weight, just aint worth it to do it right now. tt5 has brought the heat to the first race and we will settle for just being able to run with you guys :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am 

My car weighs 3,215.I could get close to 3,000lbs.with all lexan windows,lightweight hatch, 1 battery,1 Nos bottle and remove the weight bar from the back.The only problem with that is it really messes up the front to back weight distribution.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 pm 

If we could just get Don to put some bars on it and go play with the Outlaw 10.5 cars that'd be a cheap way for everyone to be more competitive in TT5. Lol. I got a few bucks to throw in a pot, how 'bout it Don? The payout is better too! :P J/K

Seriously, I wonder what that mustang would run with a W tire and bars? I'd bet REAL close to the O/L record.... :thumbsup:

Craig

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:17 pm 

Redbird wrote:
My car weighs 3,215.I could get close to 3,000lbs.with all lexan windows,lightweight hatch, 1 battery,1 Nos bottle and remove the weight bar from the back.The only problem with that is it really messes up the front to back weight distribution.

our front to back ratio is already messed up.....lol we're 45% - 55% REAR heavy. we used to strap 50 lbs at the front of the car, but oddly enough we tried taking it off and the car launched and short timed the same (if not a little better). we could put speed glass in 2 windows and get a fibeglass hatch to lighten it up, but we just had the old factory hatch repainted.....lol

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm 

68 Bird wrote:
If we could just get Don to put some bars on it and go play with the Outlaw 10.5 cars that'd be a cheap way for everyone to be more competitive in TT5. Lol. I got a few bucks to throw in a pot, how 'bout it Don? The payout is better too! :P J/K

Seriously, I wonder what that mustang would run with a W tire and bars? I'd bet REAL close to the O/L record.... :thumbsup:

Craig

i like don in tt5... makes everyone try harder! :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm 

Redbird wrote:

You have to go race at 7 lb/ cubic inch..lol

Will you be down for the May 1 race?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:00 pm 

We are going to The Clash of the Titans race next week @ Tulsa.If everythings OK we will be at Ozark.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:21 pm 

OK My dad always said I wasnt smart enough to keep my mouth shut so I will prove him right.

I dont like scales or rules. My car has always been legal and always will be. NOSGT850 and 10.5inches you know what your cars weigh so think about adding a big block. I have always said my car is light and it is. Last year Bill said my car weighed 2700lb this year he says 2300lb everybody knows these are wrong.

With scales NOSGT850 ,10.5inches , REDBIRD, WOODY, Peanut, and Chris's Novas are all close to the correct weight. The NOS smallblocks could lose some weight. I remember when Marty would bring his car down to race and had a stack of weight behind the seat to be legal for the class he raced. Has anyone figured where I going yet?

When the scales come next year whose rules will they use . If they use MAKO Bills car isnt legal. If they use the class Marty used to run in he had a intercooler and still had to add 300lbs. So Bill you will get your scales and add 300lbs.

And about my car . I have setting in my shop a twin to the number 2 qualifier and class winner.

Sometimes when you want something real bad its not as good as you thought, so Bill I hope you like the scales.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:19 am 

O Snap! lol

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am 

lets just race fellas! remember the fastest doesn't always win. we all still have to get'em down the track. it's whats supposed to be fun about the class, going fast on smallish tires. with the et's that were run at the first race, sounds like it could be anybody's class to win. we look forward to joining in :D :peel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion