Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: True 10.5 ?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:25 pm 

I have learned one thing in all my years racing in the ozarks, it is the most fun ive had racing. That is because if the great attitude of the other racers and the willingness to help. Wether it be TYDO lending some tools or Don lending a spare purge valve, they are the best bunch to race with period! See you in 2 weeks with a new look!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:27 pm 

Don, I hope you know I was talking very sarcastically about moving to O/L. I've been watching the TT5 red/white mustang for as long as I can remember at Ozark and it definitely makes the class interesting!

As far as all the talk about scales, I'm not a fan either. I'm just a newb in the class, but the fewer rules the better and weights are just something else for everyone to argue over. Plus most classes around the country are way too heavy to be safe as far as I'm concerned. I'm close to NMCA legal weight for X/S, but I surely wouldn't add 300# to my car to go race. Let the tire be the equalizer.

Craig

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:40 am 

I knew there would be a place I could Chime in....

The tires are no longer a "Real" Limiting factor in heads up racing anymore..

Sure, they still are for the in-experienced in the "Better Racing With Modern Electronics" World

But when you look at the Comparable ET's from Cars that have nothing more than a Change of Tire size.. there is very little difference in their ET's

The "Small tires" just maintain the look of "Street" cars...

As far as Scales go...99% of all racing uses them to make sure there is a level playing field..

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 pm 

Remember Don If you cant be beat, rules can be changed. Look at other classes when the cars are to fast change the rules, :bang: besides that if all the fast cars move on there will be more cars show up in that class. ?? Keep it up Don run as fast as you can hit the 60"s. If you cant do it with a Ford get a Chevy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . Good luck Don and all tt5 cars.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm 

The scales will do nothing but cause trouble. The more rules the less cars. This is Outlaw Shootout racing, Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough. heads up racing is Run to out run the fastest car, if you are the fastest keep trying to stay on top.. With rules there Will be Cheating. Just my 2 cents. in this economy that is less then ever

Board index » Main » General Discussion