Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

A new Competition Protest rule has been added to the ORP General Rules on April 4th to take effect immediately.

Competition Protest

Any entry may be protested for being class legal by any other DRIVER in that same respective class. This may be done by approaching the current race director, along with $200.00 cash as a Protest Fee. If the protested car is found to be illegal, the protestor will receive $100.00 of his fee back and $100.00 will go into the class winner purse for that days event. The illegal car will be eliminated from the class for the remainder of the event and will forfeit any winnings earned in previous rounds. If the protested car is found to be legal, the protested driver will receive $100.oo of the protest fee and $100.00 will go into the class winner purse for that days event. Qualifying/Elimination rounds for all other classes will continue while this protest is being settled.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm 

LMAO :burnout:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 pm 

Why should there be such an EXCESSIVE cost to get a cheater booted out? Kind of difficult to see the logic in this situation???

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 pm 

I am confused, why should the protestor be out any money if the protested car is found to be cheating???? I think that the protestor should get all of his money back PLUS the entry fee and buy-back money paid that race by the illegal racer. AND there should be a fee paid by the illegal racer to be reinstated at the track after having to set out.

just my opinion...blah, blah, blah..... :| :|

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 am 

Most likely directed towards the shootout cars? Unless the No E guys are using a Transbrake LMAO

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am 

Most rules I've seen are similar with a protest fee, but I've never seen part of the fee go toward the purse. That's kind of silly in my opinion that it costs someone $100 even if someone they protest is found to be illegal. If the protest is warranted, the person should get all their money back.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
So if I understand this the potential cheater simply risks losing the opportunity
to profit from winning, While gaining the potential to collect an extra $100 if they are good enough
at hiding their stuff or quick enough to get it out. LMAO.

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Board index » Main » General Discussion