Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:32 pm 

I dont know if this story qualifies for what your looking for . At the last race 30 minutes before our qualifing run on Saturday the wind caught my passenger door slamming it shut and the glass shattered in 10,000 pieces. I sent my crew chief wife on a 2 1/2 hour drive to get the door off my Capri and a vacuum. We did make the final round of qualifing and thats another story.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm 

Pegasus wrote:
I dont know if this story qualifies for what your looking for . At the last race 30 minutes before our qualifing run on Saturday the wind caught my passenger door slamming it shut and the glass shattered in 10,000 pieces. I sent my crew chief wife on a 2 1/2 hour drive to get the door off my Capri and a vacuum. We did make the final round of qualifing and thats another story.
but was it funny :? :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:47 pm 

I guess I could tell about my welding night mare :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 pm 

This sort of stuff is what is entertaining to me ---I can't understand a word they are saying but it is still funny------Hey Keith do you think the track is long enough to try this??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNlaREL5BYk

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 pm 

Pegasus---Thank you that sounds like one of my days at the track--but hey you stuck it out and made it to qualifying thanks to that great crew chief of yours. I bet when you left home a door was not one of the spare parts you thought to bring with you huh???

James---I have heard mention of this welding incident before, so you gonna fess up and admit your head was actually in the oven when your hair got burned or is there another side of the story?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:25 pm 

Wes Phifer wrote:
Not funny at all but I saw Jim as white as a ghost after he broke the drive shaft in 07. I think that was the scary part.

Hey Jim - Thank god for cell phones, huh??

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 pm 

Daddy's Girl wrote:
Pegasus---Thank you that sounds like one of my days at the track--but hey you stuck it out and made it to qualifying thanks to that great crew chief of yours. I bet when you left home a door was not one of the spare parts you thought to bring with you huh???

James---I have heard mention of this welding incident before, so you gonna fess up and admit your head was actually in the oven when your hair got burned or is there another side of the story?

I still have the bald spot to prove it :oops:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:45 pm 

Well Then James----tell the story your way if you are still carrying the proof---what did you do to yourself?

I think I will buy this thing and park it at the track so if and when it stops R*****G and we can run, I can drive it down the track then just park it on the back of the lot and stick around till the next weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErAy2yo8xQ -it pops wheelies as good as Bob's green weenie. :o

Ok I will stay off of Youtube now and wait on your explanation of what really happened James.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm 

Daddy's Girl wrote:
Well Then James----tell the story your way if you are still carrying the proof---what did you do to yourself?

I think I will buy this thing and park it at the track so if and when it stops R*****G and we can run, I can drive it down the track then just park it on the back of the lot and stick around till the next weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErAy2yo8xQ -it pops wheelies as good as Bob's green weenie. :o

Ok I will stay off of Youtube now and wait on your explanation of what really happened James.

It was Bad !!!!! And that night we had a racing dinner :oops: :oops: :oops: I tried tio wear a hat to hide it but it didnt work ... the smell of burnt hair stays with you for a few days :oops:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:48 pm 

james was welding frame rails in his banana car...... the hot sparks caught his hair on fire..........lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion