Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:27 pm 

I used to see this ol 65 Biscayne once in a while many years ago. I always loved that ol car . Was wondering if anyone remembers the car and where it might be today ?? It was a two door post with a big block.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm 

not familiar with a '65 but WAY back in the day, a guy had a '67 Biscayne, 427-4 speed. at the time, the track was in Ozark, and there was a '65 mustang (snoopy), 289 4 speed, driven by Marvin Haynes. that car was unbeatable, till they changed the rules, everything was fluid back then, so being tired of getting beat the dude purchased the Biscayne to beat the mustang, I think his name may have been Stillings or something like that. now this was WAY back in the sixties. most of you will not remember back that far, for numerous reasons, but anyway the rule change had something to do with wheel base and so the mustang was forced to "spot" the big chevy and that was the end of the dominance of the stang. he changed the setup over to a '64 falcon but could not beat the heavy chevy. the chevy was an army color the best I can remember, olive drab I think, ugly but fast, for the day. not much help but your question got me to thinking, which doesn't happen very often. maybe all this will jog someones memory...novice

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 pm 

I remember that car. It was bought from Shubaugh Chevrolet in Ozark [wrong spelling I know] now Dennis Hanks. It came with nothing in it but motor trans, and rear from the factory it wasn't as heavy as it looked. I ran at the old track in a 69 Superbee in show room option class, mopped up big block Chevelles all day.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 pm 

I remember the "bee", green and maybe a vinyl roof I think, we were all about the street back then. probably should not have mentioned that, but it is what it was. remember "mouse" gilbert's deuce and van horns dart, showdown every weekend. you could always get someone to race as you circled the square. Ozark was a good place to cruise back then, ray speaks was all we had to dodge, and of course buff might lay down the law once in a while. so long ago...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:09 pm 

Yeah I raced all those guys and your right it was a green superbee. Those were the days.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 am 

Speaking of Biscaynes,do you guys remember the white 66 Biscayne "MR Clean" it was around till the early 80's..I think it was out of Carthage Mo..It was a cool car and ran 11's back when that was pretty fast...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:29 pm 

for me personally, I got away from the sport for some time and missed a lot of good times at the track, just now trying to get something to race, but I do like the idea of a plain jane type car that gets it done without a lot of flash. but I like some of the flashier cars as well, so I'm easy...novice

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:37 pm 

I thought someone would surely have remembered the car. I was thinking it may have been from up around Lake of the Ozarks. I would gladly pay a finders fee if someone could track it down. I saw it in the mid-late 80s at some of the bigger races at Rogersville.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:10 am 

not the car you are looking for but, I saw a '65 two door post, biscayne I guess, in nixa, not too long ago. it had no powertrain, and needed some tlc, anyway, it was parked in a storage lot about 1/8th mile from the last stop light on 160, heading south. it was light blue and white. did not have a for sale sign on it but who knows.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:51 am 

craigslist springfield has a nice '66 biscayne listed, 7500$ I think...novice

Board index » Main » General Discussion