Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 am 

pitrat2 wrote:
Jim , I don't belong on this thread.....but from spectators view , We loved the Pro street class....Lee England is a hard racer as well as Paul Rose , Brian Palette and all the rest....the class is a crowd pleaser and they love it.....So we hope something good will come from all the effort that is being put forth....

People come out to see the heads up cars.....from 10-5 to Pro Mod..thats what they spend their money for.....Powder Puffers...well the only people that watch us is the safety crew and Med Mike!!!! :roll: :roll:

that's it, back to Clint..

posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=1301#
Your option is fine just looking to get the car count back up like it was years ago before the pro mod invasion of the class lol i think the specters would like to see 8 to 16 cars not the sometimes 3 that there has been in the last 3 or 4 years i have had a lot of positive response so far

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:50 am 

Well i might not be a pro street owner but my dad was a pro street racer and before the invasion of the lighter out law cars that came down whenever they couldnt make it was a great class to watch. The weight sanctions have to be placed or the class will not make it is that simple. But like you said if you cant get the cars actually to come out before the owners can make the decisons on wether or not they would want to put back the pro street class they would have no reason really to consider bringing back the pro street class. So why not have a meeting during some of the test n tune have them bring out all the pro street cars and have your meeting with them. This would show who all can be out there and they can try to settle out some questions that they would have and maybe help with the rules. Also it could be a great night of racing maybe make an event out of it or something. Im a fan of all heads up classes and i love this drag strip. To loose such a great class because of rules or because of lighter cars that shouldnt be in the class is such a shame. I hope that maybe i can stir the pot some more for you guys and get the ideas for bringing back a class that i loved to watch growing up. And what happened to true radial just thought i would throw that into the mix :lol:

ITSA Whitlow, Daryl
USS Klakring FFG 42
whitlowd@ffg42.navy.mil

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:58 pm 

Jim, you have hit the nail on the head but i would simply adopt psca or Orlando world pro street weight rules. If the track could guaranty a pro street class for 2 years and up the payout a bit if possible, I think it would become one of the premiere classes again. Your thoughts please. Rick Pope

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 am 

my thoughts with the heavier weights was to give a guy with a backhalf car a chance was figuring an average backhalf car with glass front end hood would be around 3000 lbs

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am 

Could backhalf cars run- heads up 10.5 classes ?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm 

PopeRacing wrote:

Yes they could as well as the full tube cars can run pro mod, The poll is about split between full tube cars and backhalf cars. There are a group of full tube and backhalf cars that don't have the money to keep up with the pro mod or outlaw 10.5 classes or it could be an entry level class as well. Look at the guys that ran it and moved up Me,Palmer ,Eddie Rodgers,Alton,Jamond.Rick Pope I'm sure I'm missing more.

In my humble option this would give this group of car a place to race.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm 

turbo69camaro wrote:
PopeRacing wrote:

Yes they could as well as the full tube cars can run pro mod, The poll is about split between full tube cars and backhalf cars. There are a group of full tube and backhalf cars that don't have the money to keep up with the pro mod or outlaw 10.5 classes or it could be an entry level class as well. Look at the guys that ran it and moved up Me,Palmer ,Eddie Rodgers,Alton,Jamond.Rick Pope I'm sure I'm missing more.

In my humble option this would give this group of car a place to race.

Jim the more you talk the less attractive Ozark sounds.
The statement above is in part is B>S. Untruthfull and insulting to me!
We chose to not move up ,but to move down in classes.
The reason is not anything you have ever talked about,or will talk about because that is your way.

Money?? HA HA
So keep up the good work,
We are looking For a Track to race willie oh if you want my #918-724-0941

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:08 pm 

All i'm trying to do is bring the class back and get cars in it.the bottom line it should be a backhalf ony deal i have talked to different people and out of 15 or so 2 want things the same and other 13 like the weight breaks.and all can race !!!!!!!! I don't work for the track i'm not getting anything out of this but B S i offered to help organize the cars and let the track use my scales.This class was dead and is dead. there will never be a full tube chassis class like again!!!!! feel free to take over and try to organize the 4 different groups that want it there way. Then try to sell your deal to the track with 4 cars good luck!!!!

my number is 417 880 1945 if you or anyone else wants to talk i'm about ready to wash my hands of the whole deal its not worth the bs..............hey now i know why they did away with it in the first place

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm 

Jim Why couldn't you run it kinda like the king of the street.License,insurance and a 25 mile drive.That would probably weed out a lot of the pro mod stuff.Truely be a "pro street car".I've seen a lot of that stuff run way down in the 5 second range.Fast enough to be interesting,but still a street car.Not trying to intrude.Just an idea. Wes

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 am 

That i think would have to be a complete different class but the name would be good for them. but that is off the subject for this one but none the less a good idea. This class will only survie if the new owners can see a group of cars that fit this billet. And the way it sounds is like that they are now raising there hands and showing up whenever they say new weight rules for pro street. Thats the way it has to be. But not all those cars are going to be able to be street legal. I want this class to make it because it is still fun to watch fast cars race down the track having another big class in pro street would be awesome. I hope more guys will be willing to raise there hand up and come out and race in this class. Good luck finding more drivers lets see the endagerd pro street class survive

Board index » Main » General Discussion