Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 am 

No offense to anybody on here but the reason that there were was a low car count wasn't because there were pro mods in street trim running in that class. If I remember correctly there wasn't a very good car count in any of the classes compared to previous years. The main reason I think is because the economy was bad and gas was at $4.00 a gallon last year. I think it affected everyone across the board included myself. There isn't any sense in bickering about it over the internet. That is definitely not going to help matters out to get the class back. People that want to run that class don't want to go to a track were there is nothing but a bunch of politics going on about it. That takes the fun out of racing. I think the track owners are doing the right thing and putting it to a vote to see whats out there.
Let them make the decisions. Leave the bickering at home!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 pm 

slim_09 wrote:
No offense to anybody on here but the reason that there were was a low car count wasn't because there were pro mods in street trim running in that class. If I remember correctly there wasn't a very good car count in any of the classes compared to previous years. The main reason I think is because the economy was bad and gas was at $4.00 a gallon last year. I think it affected everyone across the board included myself. There isn't any sense in bickering about it over the internet. That is definitely not going to help matters out to get the class back. People that want to run that class don't want to go to a track were there is nothing but a bunch of politics going on about it. That takes the fun out of racing. I think the track owners are doing the right thing and putting it to a vote to see whats out there.
Let them make the decisions. Leave the bickering at home!

That is right Leave The Bickering at home. All the post about P/S just run the class down not help it "Opinions are like rear ends Everybody has one and most of them stink!" The economy was a big factor to car count. Car count is good but Fan count is way down a lot of spectators chose not to travel to the track because of gas $ This year it will be because they dont have a job anymore! Leave the class alone try to atract more cars (all classes JR Dragster to Pro Mod) Cars bring spectators Most cars bring 3-4 crew/freinds Lets all race and have a good time while we can afford to.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:11 am 

ok one more time lol ................pro street is gone,dead,finished,over,doa,stick a fork in it it's done.do you see it on the fliers no why because it's no longer a class.
:soapbox:
So on my own i thought up a way with keith's ok to figure out how to get more car interested in running it also make it where a guy with a home built car was not at a disavantage with a light weight pro mod style car. This has always been ORP or OIR problem with prostreet NO WEIGHT RULES years ago lots of local places ran pro street the lightest we ever were at one of those races was 2900 and i know nmca orlando ect have lighter weights BUT THEY ARE ALL PROMODS WITH MUFFLERS.

So one more time if you all want to race prostreet again it's going to have to be a weight break type of deal they will never run it the way it was. Trust me it has been a money loss for the track for many years i have offered my scales and would help organize it until it was a proven class that the track would take over but i will not do it unless i get 10 or so cars interested in doing it

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm 

Quote:
So one more time if you all want to race prostreet again it's going to have to be a weight break type of deal they will never run it the way it was. Trust me it has been a money loss for the track for many years i have offered my scales and would help organize it until it was a proven class that the track would take over but i will not do it unless i get 10 or so cars interested in doing it

COOL ! I hope that if you do get it going, that it's with weights that actually will let true backhalf cars in the mix...

Board index » Main » General Discussion