Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: So how'd it go?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:07 am 

Bob wrote:
junkman306 wrote:
Thread jackers. :bang: So a bunch of people went, but only 3 made a pass? :peel:

Had you gone to the track, you would know. IF nobody knew who you were they would think you were a regular as much as you want in on rule making, instead of the 2-3 times that you usually show up per year :mrgreen:

What does asking about times and rule making have in common? Nothing. If I'm going to run a class, I'm going to input on the rules. Come work my weekend shift for me and I'll be at the track every weekend. Don't get me started Bob. :twisted:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:13 am 

junkman306 wrote:
Bob wrote:
junkman306 wrote:
Thread jackers. :bang: So a bunch of people went, but only 3 made a pass? :peel:

Had you gone to the track, you would know. IF nobody knew who you were they would think you were a regular as much as you want in on rule making, instead of the 2-3 times that you usually show up per year :mrgreen:

What does asking about times and rule making have in common? Nothing. If I'm going to run a class, I'm going to input on the rules. Come work my weekend shift for me and I'll be at the track every weekend. Don't get me started Bob. :twisted:

I like gettin you started Jason. Help me keep track of your visits to the track this year :popcorn: :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 am 

I was there 10+ times last year. :bringit:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:42 am 

I made 10 passes or attempted to. I spun on 6 of 10, but not many trying to do what I do, launch a tank on 9" rubber. I was testing carb spacers, 1" open, 1" wilson tapered 4 hole and a 2" open. I made my quickest pass with the Wilson @ 6.46, 2-6.47's with the 1" open and a 6.48 with the 2" open. Granted the wind was blowing like crazy, the air was sh*tty but all were run under the same conditions.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:05 pm 

pitrat2 wrote:
Daddy's Girl wrote:
Oh now why did you have to go ask that one for?----Even though I have no "official" training yet in the burn out area--I did manage to spin a little rubber...that was the good news. If I post MY sorry times then so does every one else--K? cause I promise you did better than me. R/T .815- 60' 2.16- 330' 6.56- 1/8th 10.04- 1/4 15.9. Disappointing times but hey first time on track with the car and I think I may need some taller gears did not see a whole lot of gain between 1/8th and 1/4 mph. I "tested" five times today---now I will tune and fix for a week and try again next Saturday---but I need to keep my eyes open for some nice 4.10's I think.

ATTA A BOY >> GIRL....

You didn't have a bad ET....you lifted , didn't you ?? :roll: :roll:

You hang in there , next trip down the track will be better....
Sorry we missed today , had previous plans...but next week..

Glad it was a big turnout , I knew it would be.

See ya next week , Daddyslilrat..

Kay

I could do like the fellas and say "YES I LIFTED" but actually the only thing lifting was my big butt over the roll cage (that by the way I do not need yet) as I crawled into the car. Better Luck next week hopefully--can't keep this cat down, she has nine lives!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm 

Daddy's Girl wrote:
R/T .815- 60' 2.16- 330' 6.56- 1/8th 10.04- 1/4 15.9.

Based on the laws of physics and some basic math, your 1/8th mile time should be 60% of your 1/4 mile time. So typically you can take your 1/8th mile time and multiply it by 1.53 and thats about what you should run in the 1/4. My fastest 1/8th mile pass in my Mark VIII was a 9.49 and on the same pass my 1/4 time was a 14.514. 9.49 X 1.53 is 14.519. Close enough for me. :peel: :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm 

Bob wrote:
Hey Kay...how do you know Larry doesnt have a "speedo" ? Have you been going through his drawers??? :shock: :mrgreen:

Nope...he told Ray he didn't have any.....straighten up Bob..... :roll:

But he may have been fibbin. to Ray .......never know :!:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:55 pm 

Bob wrote:
I treed the Champ, .511 to his .49x ;D

Bob , are you sure you treed him ? Or did he lift at the wrong end... :?:

You know Larry gets real confused and has the "knee jerk syndrome" from about Jan 5th to March "1th"...so you need to give him til April to get that worked out. :roll:

Ouch, don't kick me any more King.. :) :) :)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:03 pm 

pitrat2 wrote:
Bob wrote:
I treed the Champ, .511 to his .49x ;D

Bob , are you sure you treed him ? Or did he lift at the wrong end... :?:

You know Larry gets real confused and has the "knee jerk syndrome" from about Jan 5th to March "1th"...so you need to give him til April to get that worked out. :roll:

Ouch, don't kick me any more King.. :) :) :)

Kay the BB Kings first pass had a 5.0 light so he is still on :peel:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 pm 

Oh ..I see....Bob , you failed to tell us that... :?: :roll:

So the King has overcome his "KJS "already. 8-) .......Bob, you better keep a keen eye on the lights from now on....he'll drop a hammer on ya...and ya better not hang out very long "up-in-the-air"..... :roll:

He'll get you... :peel: :peel:

I luv these fun little people......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion