Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Congratulations Bob
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:16 pm 

congratulations Bob, i see they have put the 11.49 NO-E et break in the rules for ya.

Post subject: Re: Congratulations Bob
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:00 pm 

Its not just for me, its for anyone else that would like to run for money but their vehicle just wasnt quite fast enough. 2 years ago when I had trouble it allowed me to stay competitive in points by running my truck. Who are you? Got a name? We ran all these years without an e.t. break until last year and those that normally ran points did not, there were only 14 entrys in No/E points, maybe this will bring the car count back up. I dont see what the problem is.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:28 pm 

there needs to be an et break in the headsup classes too,so people cant run there driver for points.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm 

We'll see what difference it makes in the car count.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:33 pm 

I'll be in points this year. I could have entered in May last year when I got my car back to the track, but I wasnt going to run points when I only have access to one racecar, when most folks have/had access to two of them. I'm not sure it will affect car count as a whole, but it may affect the number that enter points.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 pm 

I agree I know of 4 or 5 that run points last year that are not going to this year.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm 

the car count was more about the fuel prices and the fact that the points were posted once every 4 to 8 weeks. i have one car and no pickup to run. when i break i fix my car, that's what the three dropped races are for. it dosn't seem fair that people build a race car and have to sit and wait 5 or 6 sec waiting for the tree to come back on, burning there converter up waiting for someone who didn't want to fix there race car or didn't build one to start with or want to be sure they don't break for a race somewhere else in 3 or 4 weeks. they have lots of street car classes at the track this year for street cars and trucks. i was looking forward to the points this year. i will race but not the points.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 pm 

So who are you? You dont have to sit on your converter for 4-5 seconds. You know who you are racing and then you know when you have to get on the converter, sounds pretty simple to me. But since you wont identify yourself, how do we know you were going to run points anyway?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm 

People who are not running points this year will wish that they had when they see what all the points participants wind up with....All I can say is it will be alot more than a jacket and a few bucks. :thumbsup:

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:18 pm 

55promod wrote:
People who are not running points this year will wish that they had when they see what all the points participants wind up with....All I can say is it will be alot more than a jacket and a few bucks. :thumbsup:

If I get a motor back in Im in the points . Ive set for 10 second before and it dont bother me

Board index » Main » General Discussion