Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: Bracket cars
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 pm 

i got there early every friday morning on shoot-out weekend...although i'm just a lowly bracket racer, myself along with the rest of the racers in my group that i pit with take up 1 stall each in the area were i/ve parked for the last 10 years. ive never seen a situation were people were hooking up to bracket racers trailers and moving them, with the exeption of street machine weekend, im at the track by 8am on friday and hardly anyone is there, they start rolling in by noon to 1 pm...and i guess if a person is running late on friday nite squeeze in were you can..until there is designated pit stalls i will continue to get to the track early on friday and unload my car by 8.30 and sip on chilled diet dew and wait until race time.....

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 pm 

I think that some are worried for no reason. If you want to leave your trailer or rig at the track it's no problem. There are weekends when semi's etc are going to be at the track and will get certain spots. It's not because someone races a certain class, it's to keep from having parking chaos like in years pass.

There are some areas that we have to park the big rigs. We also need to keep them off of some of the asphalt to keep from ruining the staging lanes and other places where the asphalt is too thin.

I know that there have been problems in the past with people leaving trailers in the same spot and not showing up for the race the following week.

I am working on a plan.

Be patient,

Keith

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:55 pm 

Location: Last Pontiac Standing. Free the Whales or the trainer gets it !
Poofmaster is wise. I await the plan.
Just to clarify I said I was only answering another racers "thoughts".
Sorry if it helped stir the hive up. :P
And hey Larry: no more diet dr P ? :shock:

ARE YOU PREDATOR OR PREY?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm 

diet dr.pepper is good.....but i've developed a taste for diet dew!!!!!

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 pm 

Larry Jr. wrote:
diet dr.pepper is good.....but i've developed a taste for diet dew!!!!!

Diet Dew? I guess you'll be following James to the Butt Doctor ;D

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm 

I noticed there is another track that has prepaid reserved parking for the year. You pay a price for the premium spots, but it's always yours. Guests can have your spot if you don't show, but you can move them if you do show. I was thinking it was like $150.00 to have reserved parking for the year. A reserved parking spot could also be used for a prize for points racers or even a raffle. The money could go towards park improvements or as a bennefit raffle.
That'll be two cents, please.

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm 

AlteredMopar wrote:
I noticed there is another track that has prepaid reserved parking for the year. You pay a price for the premium spots, but it's always yours. Guests can have your spot if you don't show, but you can move them if you do show. I was thinking it was like $150.00 to have reserved parking for the year. A reserved parking spot could also be used for a prize for points racers or even a raffle. The money could go towards park improvements or as a bennefit raffle.
That'll be two cents, please.

That's actually a pretty good idea Paul. Didn't I read somewhere where they are taking donations or something to re-pave the pits??? That premium spot money would sure work nice for that project. :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 pm 

Well, if there is any topic on this site that gets this old mother hen's ruffles fluffed, this is it!!! TRAILERS at the track!!! We have left our trailer at the track for years off and on when we can (no repairs needed to the cars), because we are just coming back the next week and have a 2 1/2 hr drive home and 2 1/2 hour drive to come back the next week. We have ALWAYS been at the track if we are racing with our trailer on race days and the Friday night test and tune before the race. If they were racing - we WERE there. Thank you Phil Scott and Wes for allowing us that courtesy as we have 2 dragsters in that trailer as well as alot of weeks racing a pickup in trophy. The gas saved over the years helped us to be able to race at your dragstrip. No one has tried harder than our group to get trailers there early (bring them Wed or Thurs) or leave them where we want them or where they will fit, before the Big Tire races because of the congestion. This is why we prefer not racing points at the Shootouts, so we did not have to come and be 4 or 5 am getting home on Sunday morning. We like to watch them as well as anyone but if our bracket racer trailer is in the way, SORRY Showtime!!!! I understand some racers don't show that leave their trailers, but don't make us all pay for them. Oh yeah, we raced the other weeks the Shootouts weren't going on , too.
Janet Hall :burnout:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:28 am 

Soo good to see you're still here Janet & crew....Hope all you Arkansas guys are here this year....

After all , your team is our Ambassadors... :thumbsup:

All you & the Trammels know is win..... :peel:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm 

Who cares lets race

Board index » Main » General Discussion