Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: Sat. Start Time
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 am 

Al any consideration to starting early on saturday? With the weather being as nice as its supposed to be, it would be nice to get an earlly start, forecasted low 40s for sat. night. Would be great to get the race in before the track goes away.

Post subject: Re: Sat. Start Time
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 am 

looks like Q times are 2:00 and 3:30 cant do much better than that

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am 

turbo69camaro wrote:
looks like Q times are 2:00 and 3:30 cant do much better than that

Cant or wont? What happened at last years race to keep us from finishing? I will save you from answering my question, i already know the answer. It would be nice to complete the race, i understand starting late when its 105 but its only supposed to be 70 for the high, vs sitting around and watching a perfect day pass by, seems it would make more since to race. Not trying to argue, just trying to think of saftey, not mention actually watching a final at Street Machine.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm 

I know the first 2 hour down time was when a car blew an oil line oiled the track from the starting line all the way to the turn off guess they could start at 10 am and have the race over with before 8 pm to make it safe

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm 

That sounds better than cars playing pinball on the big end at 2 A.M............. doesn't it?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am 

Cars will play pinball at 2pm or 2am when they are grossly overdriven
Time of day really dosent matter, does it?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am 

Are you saying the track is just as good at 2 am as it is at 2pm? Once again not trying to argue or get in a pissing match, but it was just a thought of starting everything a couple hours early to help out later in the evening. Were you there last year and if so why did they call the race?

Last edited by 71z28camaro on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am 

Yeah,it's funny how a wet,dewey track makes everybody into bad drivers.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 am 

No pissing match needed, just pointing out our observations

But....
We all know that the later the race goes the better the track gets up to the point when the dew sets
Then all bets are off on where (or the entire surface) goes to crap
The FLIP side is, the track wont be worth a crap at 10am or even 1pm, the sun wont be on it much and it will be COLD (dunno about you, but my car likes a 140 degree track much better then a 75 degree track ((but small tires like wheelspeed))

But.....
We ALL also know that when a driver gets into trouble (horrible leak, parts failure, or driving over his/her head) that causes long boring delays. And golf cart quarterbacking on how long and and how well the mess is taking to clean up. Takes to long their stupid, they rush it they are trying to hurt someone. It's so much easier to shut it off or pull to the side, isn't it??

Mr YELLOW
I will have to respectfully disagree, anyone can wheel a car on a national event type track, but the REAL drivers, and for that matter REAL tuners and REAL chassis builders are the guys that race the surface. They arent the ones that are constantly blaming the track for thier failures to tune, build or drive.

REAL drivers know when to shut the car off when its in the weeds and not try to be the hero and power thru, wreck and cry that the track wrecked his/her car
It takes bigger balls to shut off and try again then it does to stay on the pedal

REAL tuners can get the machine down a dirt raod if thats what it takes to win, they dont stand on the starting line and pout like a Bi*@H and run thier mouths, the real ones are studying and making the changes needed to go A-B

To Sum it all up
We all make the decision to risk everything doing what we do, we make the choice
We are racers, there are less of us then there was 5 years ago, there will be less in 5 years if we dont start working together and stop acting like a bunch of middle school girls

Im just so tired of the whole "blame that guy" road

To sum it up, is it friday yet? Can we PLEASE race somthing this weekend?? Last weekend was such a let down I've been bummed all week

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 am 

I walked the whole track at 2 am it was not wet and there was no dew !!! there was 100 ft of damaged guard rails that could not be fixed that's why is was called AND Palmer ran the top fuel car after the race was called .860 60 ft on a cold wet track

Board index » Main » General Discussion