Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 am 

I think I'm a little scarred after what I saw last night dude. Wish I could un-see that. Really glad to hear you got out right away afterwords. Thank GOD! That thing was flat truckin past the 330'. I'd say TYDO built a heck of a car....hope the best for the rebuild!!

Craig

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:31 am 

Wow!!! Seen some pictures of it being unloaded..... Glad your ok and good luck on the rebuild, cant wait to see it out again.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:58 am 

Bad deal for sure .... Glad you're ok !!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:39 pm 

Scarey for sure! Sure was a relief to see you out of the car when we got down there. Best of luck on the repairs!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm 

Glad you and Don are ok.....

Roger

1.27, 60

ImageImage

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm 

glad you are o.k. buddy.. and glad don is o.k. too.... hate to see anybody crash a car, even harder when its your friends

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am 

I always hate my view from the tower on things like that. The driver and the crew on the line are aware when things get ugly, but I can see the tire marks on the track and watch the movements of the car as it drifts and the events unfold. The fuel tank in front of a car is usually one of the first things to come apart in a front end collision with a wall or guard rail. That was a spectacular ball of fire and one of the most scary things I have ever witnessed. We had to wait for any news from the far end of the track from Tim for what seemed like a day. Then we heard "../crackle/ e's out". Not exactly sure what we heard we had to have them repeat and got the news the Mike was out and walking and talking. At that point a huge sigh of relief from about 7 or 8 people in the tower. I am sorry about the car, and so glad Mike is ok. This is what we do. We all know this sport dangerous and thrilling and part of why we do it. Nobody wants to get hurt or destroy a lifes work and enjoyment. (Don't think I can do this from the tower any more.)

To the scum that stole the wheel and tire. You could have asked and probably got some thing for free from Mike. He may have even autographed it for you at some time. Stealing is stealing. Whether is was in good condition or trashed, does not make any difference. It was not yours to take. As far as we know that wheel could have some relevance to the crash. It could have been part of the cause. It would have been nice to inspect it know if that it could have an issue. You knew what you did was wrong, because you left in hurry. Also know, Karma is a bitch, and what goes around, comes around.

Hang tough Mike. You got this.

:soapbox:

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 pm 

I communicated with Mike Sunday, and figured he was sore, but said he wasn't! It was a great thing to see him and Don both walk away. It's a tribute to how well these cars are built today!

I'm in hopes that the racing community bands together and finds the jerk that stole from him during a time where anyone would be vulnerable!

(Al, If you don't mind, I'm going to copy and paste your post word for word in regards to the stolen items and put it on the facebook site, you said it much better than I could have!)

Mitch

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:01 pm 

thanks everyone im doin fine. the beelers and peanut already had the motor out and inspecting the damage yesterday. gonna have it up on the jig today, hopefully nothing is bent behind the firewall. I cant thank them enough, without those guys i wouldnt even be considering fixing it.

Board index » Main » General Discussion