why are the races at night

General Racing Discussion Area

Moderators: Larry Jr., opnwhl23

vega604

why are the races at night

Postby vega604 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:46 pm

It. causes wrecks the .tree is hard to see .the track gets wet .
lets try
to have gates open at 9. time runs at 10 and lets race and get home at a smart time
71z28camaro

Re: why are the races at night

Postby 71z28camaro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Good luck with that!! I suggested the same thing awhile back :?
PRO TREE

Postby PRO TREE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 am

Actually, the tree is much easier to see at night. I have been bracket racing for over 30 years, and I have never seen a wreck caused by simple darkness. Weather conditions may make it more difficult at times, day or night. If your car is over powered/under tired, you might need to make adjustments to allow it to get down the track safely. That is a big part of racing. Being out late is just part of it. It wouldn't bother me if they moved the start times up, but I am not going to B@#ch about it if they dont.
JK
James Kelley

Postby James Kelley » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:14 am

Jim Just posted that T town is starting in a couple hours up there Thats the way to get a race in this late in the year:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
turbo69camaro

Postby turbo69camaro » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 pm

James Kelley wrote:Jim Just posted that T town is starting in a couple hours up there Thats the way to get a race in this late in the year:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well even starting at 10 am it was 8 tonight before they finished lots of cars and oil downs
.........Confidence is the feeling you have when you don't fully understand the situation........
71z28camaro

Postby 71z28camaro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 am

turbo69camaro wrote:
James Kelley wrote:Jim Just posted that T town is starting in a couple hours up there Thats the way to get a race in this late in the year:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well even starting at 10 am it was 8 tonight before they finished lots of cars and oil downs

Imagine how late that would have went if they would have started late afternoon.
55promod

Postby 55promod » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am

71z28camaro wrote:
turbo69camaro wrote:

Imagine how late that would have went if they would have started late afternoon.

I agree that races this time of year need to start earlier but Tulsa was scheduled for a Saturday late afternoon start and got rained out.

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Return to “General Discussion”