Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post subject: And now the real story
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am 

I don't think I have been so proud of a team as I was Of this one. So many unsung heros that went to great length to help in any way they could. I'll start wth Larry Wright who broke the Vaga drove all the way home and back with the S-10 and then broke an axel, Marty our loan Super pro who took out several befor falling, Larry Hunt jr. no car runs his truck, Donnies starter goes out, fixes it and then blows the motor and transmision Al wins track managers race with a rental car. Team Ozark best appearing award. There were thing you just shook your head at like Old Timer with a .002 reaction and they draw a card and give it to someone else, Steve Carlock getting screwed by the starter yet we still ended up 3rd over all. The things like meals and places to sleep and the wives and families that do what ever they can for the team. THIS was a TEAM,and I am proud of them all. I thank all for letting be a part off it. Ken Hall

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:38 pm 

Way to go team ORP.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm 

the bounty hunters were performing to our greatest level, bubba foster and bob west making it an all orp final, in no-e, how cool is that

mike mcdaniel, said he wasnt done racing after the last shoot-out. he pulls the motor out of his mean street cutlass puts it in his dads nova, puts it back on alky and bracket raced it. that old nova sure ran good running 6.20's... not too shabby for a nitrous motor running naturally aspirated, oldtimer goes 1.25 60ft and ran a new best of 5.89, it was great to see everybody one last time before the winter and the racing was great. what a great weekend. even though donny exploded the motor and transmission, i called him this morning, he said he wasnt upset, he was still smiling over how much fun we all had!!

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:10 pm 

I don't want to take away from Ken Halls post....I just want to add to it because there actually is more!! Mike Sisco brought his Mean Street car just to run Super Pro with the bracket guys. Mike McDanial put his shootout motor in the Old Timers 2nd car just to run on the Bounty Hunter Team. Marty going rounds in Super Pro was because Bubba is generous enough to let his bad ass No E truck be double entered and hot lapped. Carlocks have an empty spot on the 3 car hauler and bring Tom Gilbert. Danny Andrews as well let his car be hot lapped so it could be double entered. AND Ken Hall, who would never talk about himself, went a bunch of rounds in both Sportsman and NoE adding several points to our third place finish. Congrats to Neil Rumstein who was R/U in Sportsman and Bob West and Bubba Foster for making the NoE final all OZARK. I too am pretty proud of our team. AL

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm 

What a good weekend,i had a blast.We did have a great team,everyone supporting all of our team members.this team race is so much fun each year.It is not only the racers,but the family members and pit crew that gets into the action.We raced against tracks that had multiple teams and held our own with them when the tire smoked cleared ORP was in the finals of two of three classes.It is a great rush when you pull into the burnout box and your team members are there with thumbs up and cheer you on.Donnie you blew parts and oil all over me but that's ok it didn't hurt me and i have had oil on me many times LOL.Great time to fellowship with everyone and a lot of father son bonding .I am so blessed to have a son that likes to do what i do and the time we spend in the shop and at the track together.Larry jr i try to fill in your void the best i can i know how much you miss him.My last words WHAT A RACING FAMILY i get choked up just posting this.

ps the food was outstanding THANKS

oldtimer

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 pm 

oldtimer wrote:
What a good weekend,i had a blast.We did have a great team,everyone supporting all of our team members.this team race is so much fun each year.It is not only the racers,but the family members and pit crew that gets into the action.We raced against tracks that had multiple teams and held our own with them when the tire smoked cleared ORP was in the finals of two of three classes.It is a great rush when you pull into the burnout box and your team members are there with thumbs up and cheer you on.Donnie you blew parts and oil all over me but that's ok it didn't hurt me and i have had oil on me many times LOL.Great time to fellowship with everyone and a lot of father son bonding .I am so blessed to have a son that likes to do what i do and the time we spend in the shop and at the track together.Larry jr i try to fill in your void the best i can i know how much you miss him.My last words WHAT A RACING FAMILY i get choked up just posting this.

ps the food was outstanding THANKS

oldtimer

that means alot kenny, it really does, you and mike are like family and i greatly appreciate everything you do

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm 

It was a great weekend of racing & fellowship with great friends & food. We always look forward to the bracket finals, It's just fun to come together & race as a team. I've always said it & will say it again, we have some of the best racers around right here at our home track. Congrats Bubba on your win, Bob on runner-up & Neal on runnerup in sportsman. Man i had a blast this weekend & hate that it's over.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 pm 

way to kick a** guys !!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:53 pm 

:thumbsup: .....sounds like all had a geat time and racing as a family/team down there, way to go.... :thumbsup:

Board index » Main » General Discussion