Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:57 am 

We'll we've still got one more race for the 2012 season this weekend (Sunday), but we've been working non-stop on getting this new race series done for 2013!

First I want to thank Chris Dingman for all his help with me in getting this new idea off the ground! I started putting this idea forward around July and we've been working hard at it since (wish these things could happen overnight! lol ) We had originally planned on only bringing this series to Tulsa to start with, but after a few rumors got out, St Louis called (Woody) and wanted in! We were all to glad to have them become part of it as well, however the idea had to be sold to the CEO of Gateway, so Chris and I loaded up, and went to pitch the idea! We've been back and forth from Gateway / Tulsa now several times and many hours but think we've got enough "thumbs up" from them to start giving out the details! Dates are set in "near stone" (ADRL is still to come and this will make a possible difference for a couple of the races for St Louis/Tulsa, so we've had to give a little for that, but still aware that you all would like to start planning).

We didn't want to make many changes to what's been working over the past 6-7 years..... we were more interested in expanding the series to new tracks and new racers! With that being said we've made a few changes and will have them posted on our site as soon as we've got Tulsa/St Louis to sign off on them (we're sending them over today and hoping to get ok'd tonight or in the morning).

This will be a 9 race series, with each track having 3 races per track. We are planning on using Sunday as a "rain date" for all races except one (schedule conflict in St Louis). The points series purse will be a minimum of 3X what we've done (because all 3 tracks are contributing) in the past and still have more sponsors and goodies we're picking up everyday to add to it (still have the IMIS and PRI show to go and grab more goodies for the racers)! Mickey Thompson and VP appear to be onboard in a great way also! Racers will be able to throw 2 races away and use their best 7 for points. However, to qualify to win point, you must use points from each track at least once. The only change to ALL classes is a "diaper" is required and not just suggested. Cheap, cheap insurance for you racers ($150.00 diaper)

I really didn't want to post anything unitil we had it in stone and could make rules / dates available to all, but felt I'd better post something due to the rumor mill! :)

Again thanks to Chris for his help, and certainly Mike (Gateway) and Woody for becoming available, and Todd / Keith the same (Tulsa). Hang on for the complete details ..... in just days!

Any questions feel free to email myself (Mitch Chance) or Chris Dingman (or call)

Thanks,

Mitch Chance

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm 

Answered my own ?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 am 

I like what I see so far....

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm 

Can we run with a belly pan instead of a diaper, or is it a non-negotiable item??

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am 

This is really non-negotiable.....we are not requiring the expensive SFI approved diapers, just a diaper that covers the oil pan, filter, and lower block so an engine failure is contained. A bellypan stops the dripping but not the explosion. In reallity this is not a punishment on the racers, it is a benefit to everyone. Spectators don't want to watch a clean up which is costly to the track and the track does not want to pick up your car in peices from crashing after driving in oil. If people will contact me, I would be willing to see about getting some dealer pricing on diapers at the PRI show in a couple of weeks and pass that savings on to racers. AL 417-619-1697

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am 

No pans? SO what do you recommend for guys with dry sump lines running to a pump? A diaper wont fit. What about remote filters? I dont think a non sfi blanket will comtain an engine failure any better than a pan. If not, does anyone know of a manufacturer that will make me one designed around a dry sump pan with external lines? Some big guys out there are running pans.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm 

so how soon are these diapers going to be required for bracket racers? not much room in a stock chassis car and not really alot of carnage at a bracket race.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Belly Pan's are typically accepted as an alternate to the diaper Al..

From NHRA Unleashed Rules:

OIL RETENTION DEVICE
All vehicles must utilize a NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device; may use a
belly pan in lieu of a device attached to the engine. The belly pan must extend from
framerail to framerail and extend forward of the harmonic balancer and rearward to rear
engine plate and must incorporate a minimum 2-inch-high lip on all sides. A
nonflammable, oil-absorbent liner mandatory inside of retention device. See General
Regulations 1:8.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm 

bellypans are legal per nhra^^ , and in many cases work better than a diaper. a bellypan done correctly will also contain any oil leaks from the topend etc. and alot of cars especially stock type suspension stuff cannot get a diaper in there.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm 

If a rod kicks out the side of a block, or bottom of the pan, its going to go through a non-ballistic lined diaper. You will have cleanup time with a non sfi diaper. I already have a diaper on the car, but am thinking of switching to a belly pan over the winter.

Board index » Main » General Discussion