Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm 

Alton had a great idea

my most memorable moment was winning my first no-e race back in 2003.. i ran kevin bookout in the final. we ran 1000 ft back then i had a 9.44 dial and ran 9.45. ive several hundred passes over the years, but i'll never forget that one.

78 malibu
540 bb cchevy
2008 no-e track champ

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:19 pm 

2007--Sliding sideways down the guard rail at 115mph after beating a certain Mazda :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm 

Bob West wrote:
2007--Sliding sideways down the guard rail at 115mph after beating a certain Mazda :thumbsup:

:D :D :D The run that broke the green weenie curse :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 pm 

July 22,2009.... The day I married my best friend on the starting line.We had many of our racing friends and family there to enjoy it with us..

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 pm 

TYDO wrote:
July 22,2009.... The day I married my best friend on the starting line.We had many of our racing friends and family there to enjoy it with us..

X2!!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:46 pm 

I've had a lot of great times at Ozark,but the most memorable from the last few years is this.......I was there in the ol 55 and it was about 3rd round.It's dark, I'm almost to the traps and my oil light comes on....I kill the motor as fast as I can and get slowed down to get off the track,not knowing what had happened...When I start getting out,I figure out that my legs and feet are soaked with oil from the braided line blowing off the back of the gauge...When I got out on the return road,I was moonwalkin like Micheal Jackson cause my feet were so oiled up.... :arrow:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 pm 

Being new to the racing family, I can't say that I have had one most memorable orp moment that stands out against the many memories that I have. I have seen passion, I have seen success and I have seen defeat. I guess for me what truly shines above all the noise and the drama that can and does happen is the passion each and everyone one of these drivers and their crew have for the sport, and for the most part for each other. I was told once that this is a family adventure ,sad to say I wish the person who told me this believed in their own words, because it truly is a family adventure for people of all shapes and sizes who share the same passion. One most memorable orp moment? can't say that I can choose but what I can say is that I cherish the moments I have witness and that I look forward to the many more to come.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:49 am 

too many to mention but a couple sticks out three years ago my mom who is well into he 70s told me after the season was over that she probably wouldnt go anymore she was just getting too old and you cant imagine how happy i was to see her get out of the truck at the very first race the next year! even at 70 shes just like the rest of us she just cant stay away the second is at the street machines a couple of years ago i gentleman came walking into our pit, i kinda recognized him and i knew the guy he was with , he came over and asked if i knew who he was and i told him he looked familiar but i couldnt place him he said im Buddy Auman your gradeshool principal, i havent seen this guy since i was 8 ! i asked why he was at the races and he replied i heard u raced up here and came to watch you ! i was so proud and shocked i almost fell over !!! and the good memories just keep going the other day my daughter brought me in a crude hand drawn picture of the track and the fans and our car she said the teacher asked them to draw what they liked to do in the summer!!! now that my friend is the reason i race.... family

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 pm 

I am kinda like Alton and struggling to pick one so here is the list not totally in chronalogical order:

1. First time I dropped a trans brake (wow, gotta get one of these)
2. First pass I went 10.?? anything (1/4)
3. First pass at ORP after dark before there were lights (1/4 as well and very dark)
4. First pass in an open wheeled center steer altered (way cool)
5. First time I ran alcohol (thought I might sufficate inside the car)
6. First pass I went 9.?? anything (1/4)
7. First pass in a dragster (kinda like riding on a noodle)
8. First pass I went 8.?? anything (1/4)
9. First time I was asked to drive for some one else (way cool as well)
10. First really clean smooth pass in the red Ray and Kay roadster (it took all year but I was looking for the cigarette lighter before it went 100 ft.)

So sorry that turned into a Top Ten but I've been hangin' out there for awhile. The best memory though is all the great people past and presant. Lots of great times at the track with all of you! AL

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 pm 

First - Like...Like...Like on all the previous post.

My most memorable moment was in the pits. Mitch and I had just purchased the 55 and stuck one of my brother's BBC in it. I needed to get used to driving again after 10 yrs.

After a night of messing around, we were loading it and it was sticking out in the staging lanes. Palmer was at the end of the lanes and fired up his PM Vette and (while trying to avoid running into the 55) drove it right into the golf cart that used to be parked near the front of the lanes. It knocked the front end off of the Vette. That didn't seem to bother him at all. He took the front clip off and made a pass anyway.

I figured that ruined my chances of ever getting any tuning advice from him. Not the case. Three weeks later he went to Tulsa and help us run our first 6 sec pass.

Racing is all about friendships to me.

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Board index » Main » General Discussion