Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 am 

WHO ON HERE HAS FOUND THEIRSELF IN THE AGE OLD POSITION OF WONDERING IF SOMETHING IS WORTH THE COST ? I HAVE BEEN ASKED BY SEVEAL IF WE PLAN ON RUNNING THE COMPLETE SERIES OF RACES SPREAD OUT BETWEEN THE THREE TRACKS THIS YEAR . DUANE AND I HAVE TALKED AND PUT NUMBERS TOGETHER AND WE FEEL WITH THE RACES BEING SO CLOSE TOGETHER AND SO FAR AWAY THAT IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO COMPETE IN THE SERIES. THIS DECISION WAS BASED ON THE COST OF RUNNING A CAR LIKE OURS AND THE EXPENSE OF GETTING THE CREW TO THE TRACKS,AND WITHOUT SOMEONE STEPPING IN WITH SOME SPONSERSHIP MONEY WHICH WE WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE WILLING , WE FEEL AS IF RACING THIS SERIES WOULD BE A " UNJUSTIFIABLE EXPENSE" FOR OUR COMPANYS AND OURSELVES. WE WILL BE ATTENDING ALL THE RACES IN SPRINGFIELD AND WILL GO TO SOME IN TULSA BUT WITHOUT HELP IN THE FORM OF A SPONSER I AM SAD TO SAY THAT WE CANNOT ATTEND ALL OF THEM

PS THIS IS IN NO WAY A GRIPE ABOUT THE SERIES IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME FOR THOSES WHO CAN RUN IT ALL............BUT YOU BETTER WATCH OUT AT ORP OR WELL HAND U YOUR HAT.......LOL

ALTON AND DUANE

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm 

I agree with you Alton the 9 race series sounds like a lot of fun for the 2013 season, we are used to traveling 125 miles to OIR every shoot out, getting a room and enjoying the weekend but now that the pro street rules have changed we wont be running every race at OIR due to being able to add 550# to the truck and make weight, its kinda hard to go from 4.60's to 4.0's with out all new set up to make it in pro mod, bad deal for us I guess.

Board index » Main » General Discussion