Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Both the True Ten Five and Drag Radial Rules have been revised as of 1/31/13.

Changes to both classes now additionally allow fiberglass fenders and doors.

Drag Radial now also allows True 10.5 x 28 slick.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:40 pm 

The TT5 class is really Outlaw 10.5 on 29s and no bars.

4 links and glass doors and fenders .
Im not sure who is coming up with these rules ?
At least the Outlaw guys do have a class now. lol
Like I said before times they are a changing.

Dont get me wrong it dont bother me much I all ready have glass doors and fenders painted red with white stripes. ;)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 am 

Whats next ????????????
Hey,
While you all are changing the rules so much lets go ahead and add weight requirements to the classes and make it level playing field.

Later,
P-nut

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm 

Peanut wrote:
Whats next ????????????
Hey,
While you all are changing the rules so much lets go ahead and add weight requirements to the classes and make it level playing field.

Later,
P-nut

I'll second that motion. As I said before why not just adopt the X275 rules.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 am 

Please note: I don't make decisons, I just take care of the website and this isn't an "official" response. I have made many suggestions, sometimes they get in, most don't. I do know there are problems trying to make some changes that would be helpful.

I can give a little insight as to the rule changes. The fiberglass doors and fender deal, ALL other classes in this area allow them. That includes X275, MAKO, Thunder Valley's 275 stuff, Midwest 8.5 Racers Association (Bad Boy 8.5), etc. Some cars come from the factory with plastic too so what do you do there? It wouldn't be such a big deal if there were weight rules, I understand.

I agree the 4 link in TT5 probably ain't a great idea. But the big thing really is the unlimited engines and no weight. That didn't get changed this year and that isn't new. I agree it is very hard to make an even playing field when there aren't rules for that. Even OL10.5 addresses weight and power? This class is now basically outlaw limited street - outlaw D/R for the most part. I don't know what the solution is for this class myself without a lot of radical changes. This area really doesn't have many Outlaw D/R type cars (unlimited engine) around.

Midwest 8.5 has weights in that class's rules, and that organization will be doing the weighing, at least that's my understanding - not ORP. Same thing as when OT5R runs, they have weight requirements and do their own tech. The problem with doing weights in the other classes is manpower and equipment I believe at least at ORP. Tulsa has scales, and I assume St. Louis does also but I don't have a clue about if they have personal to run them for the M/T races.

In regards to X275 rules, that and MAKO rules (both are VERY similar) were mentioned last year, but weren't adopted. I can only guess part of the problem with that is tech and weight requirements take manpower and at the very least some portable scales - that's not a big issue but people are.

I'm guessing here at parts of this, but you guys want some answers this is the best I have...

Scales and the money to pay people to run them would help a lot. I also agree, it would help to adopt a more wider accepted set of rules (X275, MAKO, Ultra Street, Outlaw 632 whatever), but all of them require weights too, and tech. That has to be figured out and it hasn't been yet.

John

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 am 

Ozark will have to have scales to run Pro-Strret/Outlaw 10.5(that is a weight class)Scales and manpower no problem!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 am 

OT5R/OL10.5 weighs themselves at ORP w/portable scales and does their own tech I believe.

I don't have a clue who is doing Pro Street? But you're right, there are weights in that class.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am 

I think allowing the composit doors and fenders in the TT5 class is a very wise move for the class to have more cars. There are a lot of cars that can run in the TT5 class that already have them, and this rules was just leaving cars out. I think it's also good for the Drag Radial class it will open it up to more cars too, but most of the Drag Radial cars have some much weight in them already that I don't see as many of them with composit finders and doors but that's changing all the time for they can have more options on moving weight around...

Look forward to seeing everyone at the races.... :peel:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 am 

Hopefully this helps car counts..And Ur able to spend more $ on Track Prep..

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 pm 

These rules are getting ridiculous! I'm glad I pulled the sheet metal intake off my car to fit into the mako rules. I deffinatley can't run with a 4.50 TT5 field.....doubtful that the track can hold it, but there will be plenty of cars out there capable of it. For the sake of the tracks business I hope it increases the car count, however my TT5 car won't be a "donator" at ORP!

Board index » Main » General Discussion