Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 pm 

I should stay out of this but here goes .
I have always said you ORP make the rules and I will make my car fit the rules and I will race. I have never missed a Shootout at ORP and I plan on being there now. Rule changes in Feburary when we race in April is not good.
A few people say it will help car count. The rule change make it where the Outlaw 10.5 cars can race with us. One race last year that class had 1 car the next race no cars came. So where are these cars coming from to help car count.
Shannon Beeller was the class champion he ran 5.0s like a bracket car . The cars that ran 5.30s saw this and knew they had a chance. With the rule change and cars running 4.30s do you think the 5.20 and 5.30 cars will show ? So much for car count.

Jeff has made MAKO A very good class. He has the weight verses poweradders real close.They run fiberglass parts and scales. With his B feature cars he has a good turnout.

The deal is Craig and Jason and maybe a couple of other are legal for MAKO. Craig can add weight and a reducer and race he has been a class champion with MAKO.
My car and Aarons have two carbs and are not legal. Shannon, Peanut, Travis, Bill, Woody, Red, Doc, Dr Mustang,Dewayne, and all the other boosted cars are not legal for MAKO.

So go get your scales for a level playing field. I just want to know how much a Twin Turbo Big Block weighs to a Smallblock NOS. Remember MAKO just has a 88 mm single turbo.
Go ahead and use the MAKO rules you will have plenty of cars just none of the ones that have supported your track for the last several years.

If its not broke why try to fix it

FLAME AWAY. Im going to race there as long as I have a red Mustang.
Don Erwin

Last edited by Pegasus on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Don - my comments about MAKO, X275, and other similar classes were in regards to Drag Radial, Not TT5 which is vastly different class.

What you're saying doesn't make sense, cars capable of 4.30's, or faster, were already legal in TT5 regardless of 4 links, glass fenders, etc. Getting down the track in competition is of course a different story, but remember the track record was 4.68 last year, and you know if conditions are right that same car can run much faster. When Woody, Dewayne, or others show up does everyone that runs 5.0's or slower go home? They haven't in the past, and those cars have been legal for years. In fact, your own car was much faster than most of the field by far in many cases, but that didn't keep those that you had covered by a bunch at home did it?

My point here is absolutely nothing in regards to POTENTIAL ET's has changed, it has always been really wide open. You are right however that more class specific cars not built just for ORP's TT5 are now legal, but that doesn't mean the potential hasn't always been there.

I'm only talking from the outside looking in Don & others this is your guys class, I'm curious what you wall want it to be?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 pm 

I love ORP :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 pm 

No poofing by me...

I really do think the TT5 rules need a long hard look myself, the lack of big payouts is the only thing keeping the wolves out, but you guys know that.

I don't make these decisions I'm just bs'ing here, but I am curious about the class and why everyone wants unrestricted power and no weight?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm 

AH! You can tell spring is in the air.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 pm 

Guys - it's always best if you have a suggestion or a complaint to call Mitch or Marty. Civil discussions about rules or pretty much anything else are welcome on the board. Slams or personal attacks against the track or the managers will get poofed or edited :twisted: by me.

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm 

55promod wrote:
Guys - it's always best if you have a suggestion or a complaint to call Mitch or Marty. Civil discussions about rules or pretty much anything else are welcome on the board. Slams or personal attacks against the track or the managers will get poofed or edited :twisted: by me.

Ive got a new boss at work..Don't know chit about about how to run a Maintenance Department..But his ideas are the write way..and if u don't like it,walk out and don't come back.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 pm 

DRL wrote:
55promod wrote:

Ive got a new boss at work..Don't know chit about about how to run a Maintenance Department..But his ideas are the write way..and if u don't like it,walk out and don't come back.

Not sure what this means but you CAN slam or personally attack your manager from your work place on here

Keep David Goolsby in your prayers.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 pm 

To increase car count you need parity this is why MAKO does well. The problem you will have is the guys constantly donating to a class will eventually stop coming. This is one of the only tracks that you can run with no weights. The Drag Radial class is a prime example of what happens when the class gets carried away with rules or " lack there of" . The car counts are dying. If the car count increases as you open up the rules more and drag radial becomes a 4.80-4.90 class you will lose more than you gain. Someone has to realize that some money is going to have to be invested in the track itself that will bring more people back than all the rules that anyone can come up with.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm 

I think its a bunch of crap to change in Feb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion