Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm 

I know, I saw the video! :thumbsup:

You know what I mean, you have more than enough work to do shaking out the bugs and stuff without adding more right now.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 pm 

John Heard wrote:
I know, I saw the video! :thumbsup:

You know what I mean, you have more than enough work to do shaking out the bugs and stuff without adding more right now.

O yeah! I got way more than a season's worth. I have a tune coming Monday and then we are going to hit the dyno with Mark hopefully the first of March. Looking forward to a good year at ORP!

Thanks to Sponsors
C&R Transmission
WorkTurbochargers
Neal Chance Converters

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 pm 

I appreciate Don't views and I feel he makes alot of good points. My TT5 car was much like his pegasus car being restricted to only racing at ORP due to sheetmetal intakes and 2 carbs. I've always felt that a consistant 4.90 car would win alot and a consistant 5.0 car would be very competetive in TT5. Now I feel that alot of TT5 cars won't be able to compete in a class with even less rules than before. The 4 link rule is my biggest concern as I know what cars I would potentially be lining up next to. I realize the outlaw cars have to put a smaller tire on, but that's nothing traction control can't cover up. A good amount of TT5 cars are running it and the majority of outlaw cars have it. So it's hard for me to see a 4.90 car being the front runner it was under the current rules. Basically, for me it was easier to add weight and put a single cast setup on and join the mako following then to dump another 200#'s, back half the car, and add a 3rd kit. I'm not the kind of person who whines and moans about stuff I cannot control and in no way is this a pity post, this is simply an explanation of why I won't be competeting in the Mickey thompson series.
Aaron Scott (the other orange mustang)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 pm 

Yes its me again.
I keep thinking Im done with this but I had a few more calls and talked to some people.
I am surpised how maney people dont read the rules. Most of the cars in TT5 didnt take advantage of the rules . My foxbody inclued it had stock framerails bumper to bumper it still had the spare tire drop down in the back. It did have frame connectors. Most of our cars were like this or stock to behind the seat. Like the MAKO cars.
I agree doors and fenders dont add up to 600 lbs. When cut it out from the firewall back and replace everything with round tubing is where you save the weight.
This is where people didnt read the rules.
TT5 and Outlaw 10.5 fame and firewall - IS THE SAME WORD FOR WORD.-
One guy told me the Outlaw guys will dont race with us because of the firewall. If his cars firewall is not legal for TT5 its not legal for Outlaw 10.5 ether.
Tell my new car is done im doing the same as ALTON.
When I do race it will be in the Drag Radial class.
The TT5 class always HAD a good car count.

I do think im done this time. lol

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm 

John Heard wrote:
My 2 cents - get the car running and worry about the fiberglass stuff later.

Have to agree with John on this one. You can sweat every last pound and spend every cent to get the weight out, or you can save all that cash and run heavy. We are heavy at basically every sanctioned race we run at except OTT5 and Mako where we were spot on when we ran. We are certainly giving hundreds of pounds away when we come down and run drag radial at Ozark, but we manage to go rounds weighing 3400lbs and running 275's.
We'll be down again... fat as ever and looking to hurt some feelings :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:30 pm 

68droptop wrote:
John Heard wrote:

Have to agree with John on this one. You can sweat every last pound and spend every cent to get the weight out, or you can save all that cash and run heavy. We are heavy at basically every sanctioned race we run at except OTT5 and Mako where we were spot on when we ran. We are certainly giving hundreds of pounds away when we come down and run drag radial at Ozark, but we manage to go rounds weighing 3400lbs and running 275's.

We are sub 3k like it sits now with me and cringe at thinking about how much weight we have to put on to be MAKO or like class legal with a large frame and non in-line heads.

Thanks to Sponsors
C&R Transmission
WorkTurbochargers
Neal Chance Converters

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:33 pm 

julven wrote:
68droptop wrote:
John Heard wrote:

We are sub 3k like it sits now with me and cringe at thinking about how much weight we have to put on to be MAKO or like class legal with a large frame and non in-line heads.

Easy decision then :burnout: get to racing!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 pm 

More info on the Mickey Thomson Series can be found on Face book under Mickey Thomson Shootout Series (MTSS).

Qual. and Elim. times, gates opening, open time trails etc.

:)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 pm 

I'm not sweatin' the TT5 rules. I don't think it'll change much if anything at ORP. We've all been running with O/L 10.5 cars in the past. Hell, look at Woody's car, it's as bad to the bone as they come and the record is still only a .67 or .68. Granted, he doesn't run the 4-link (but probably doesn't need to either). Every other L/S class in the country probably averages 2 tenths quicker than the ORP record. Mine's just a 5.00 index car but I still manage to go a few rounds from time to time. ORP has always been a tuners track....so if you can't get down it, it doesn't matter how much HP you have or what chassis you have. Until THAT changes I'm not worried about 'keeping up' with anyone.

Is it too late for a 5.00 index class this season btw?? :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 am 

68 Bird wrote:
I'm not sweatin' the TT5 rules. I don't think it'll change much if anything at ORP. We've all been running with O/L 10.5 cars in the past. Hell, look at Woody's car, it's as bad to the bone as they come and the record is still only a .67 or .68. Granted, he doesn't run the 4-link (but probably doesn't need to either). Every other L/S class in the country probably averages 2 tenths quicker than the ORP record. Mine's just a 5.00 index car but I still manage to go a few rounds from time to time. ORP has always been a tuners track....so if you can't get down it, it doesn't matter how much HP you have or what chassis you have. Until THAT changes I'm not worried about 'keeping up' with anyone.

Is it too late for a 5.00 index class this season btw?? :D

Nuthugger :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion