Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 pm 

im sure im gonna get banned for saying this so here I go,,,,,

last night when I was at the track,, I was total shocked at the kids that were hanging out in the stageing lanes and burn out box,, that should of been stop right away,,, that was a huge liability on the tracks parts,,, any thing could of hit those kids,, a chunk of tire a rock and axle wheel combo crap comes out of the exaust and yet the track guys let this go for hours,,,, if phil or wes still owned the track that would of never happened,, also when there was a wreck people stood in the stagin lanes like it was a fair ground,,,

I think the track should revise the rules on that. if your not on the pit crew u should be on the other side of the fence.. im sure there were other people at the track that feel the same way I did last night. just total unsafe.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:40 pm 

Thank you for your concern Stang! I have the same issues with everybody on the starting line, in the burnout box, in the lanes approaching the waterbox, the return road, and on both sides of the track. We actually use yellow arm bands for crew members (3 per team) which allow those people to be in those places with their car. We also have yellow striped areas that are supposed to be clear of all spectators while the racing is underway. You may have noticed myself and the rest of the starting line crew moving people back away from these areas and take two steps forward to move some more people and watch the crowd just fill back in. I worked on the ground during the Phil and Wes days and the problem was the same then as it is now. People have no regard for how dangerous these cars can be. As the night wears on the crowd gets worse, as well as more snarky about being asked to step back and be safe. It is truly a phenominon that I have tried to understand for over 15 years and have yet to figure it out. With that all said, please feel free to email me before Street Machines 2014. I would love to put you or anyone else on the payroll for the evening to help try to resove this problem. It would definately be a 4 person job for the hours of racing during this event to keep the crowd back from the areas in question. Thanks again. AL

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm 

I think what really got me was I seen 3 kids no older then 8 standing in the burn out box by the 1st cabana just standing there and there parents right there too letting them,, and then this girl about 12 sitting in a golf cart and I know for a fact she was not on any pit crew for an hour or better of racing with her mom or adult letting her,

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm 

Ok, the girl in the tracks golf cart was my daughter. If u would of noticed her mother was racing the no box class. I was helping Brad. I also grabbed a broom to help with clean up. I would rather her been sitting there so I knew where she was. There was 2 guys trying to keep the crowd back. I agree it gets crowded but the track crew was doing its best with the amount of people there.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 am 

Track crew can only do so much. I'd take al up on his offer to work next year and police it. At a certain point parents have to be responsible for their offspring.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:57 pm 

i haven't been there in awhile, but if you need a extra hand for crowd control next year or anytime, let me know in advance or call me 417-766-7709 and I would gladly help out any way I can, seriously...... :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 pm 

I know I witnessed Al checking arm bands by the water box during eliminations. Its just hard to babysit everyone.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 pm 

just too much can go wrong in that area,, kids period should be behind the fence unless there racing a jr drag,, I would never let my child in a area that could get them injured or killed my are 12 and 15,,,,,,,

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 pm 

I will guarantee you Johns kids are more aware and smart in that area than half the adults out there. Al told you the solution, take him up on it, or drop it. We all know crowd in general is a problem back there, and how much of a pain in the ass it is to take care of it.

Board index » Main » General Discussion