New Track Record Requirement

General Racing Discussion Area

Moderator: opnwhl23

admin
Site Admin

New Track Record Requirement

Postby admin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

FYI - The following requirement has been added in order to claim a new track record.

"All records must be backed up with an ET or MPH that is within one percent (1%) of the tentative record time prior to the conclusion of the event. It is the drivers responsibility to inform the race director or tower in order to claim the record."
DEPUTY

Re: New Track Record Requirement

Postby DEPUTY » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 am

Why is it the racers responsibility to inform the track......the tower should have all that information readily available...... We are typically a bit busy during a race. Couldn't that info be looked at after the fact ?
AlteredMopar

Re: New Track Record Requirement

Postby AlteredMopar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Typically the tower is on the results and will have records on hand, but doodoo happens and we can miss it. I know it's happened to me a couple of times, and class rules will change and cause me to not be aware. If there is a new record attempt going on, I want to talk about. Review of the race is always done, but I like to give credit where it's due, as it's happening. Don't take it personal if we miss it and let us know if you catch it and we don't. I want the fans pulling for you.
Wheels Up!
PB

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Return to “General Discussion”