New Track Record Requirement

General Racing Discussion Area

Moderators: Larry Jr., opnwhl23

Site Admin

New Track Record Requirement

Postby admin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

FYI - The following requirement has been added in order to claim a new track record.

"All records must be backed up with an ET or MPH that is within one percent (1%) of the tentative record time prior to the conclusion of the event. It is the drivers responsibility to inform the race director or tower in order to claim the record."

Re: New Track Record Requirement

Postby DEPUTY » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 am

Why is it the racers responsibility to inform the track......the tower should have all that information readily available...... We are typically a bit busy during a race. Couldn't that info be looked at after the fact ?

Re: New Track Record Requirement

Postby AlteredMopar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Typically the tower is on the results and will have records on hand, but doodoo happens and we can miss it. I know it's happened to me a couple of times, and class rules will change and cause me to not be aware. If there is a new record attempt going on, I want to talk about. Review of the race is always done, but I like to give credit where it's due, as it's happening. Don't take it personal if we miss it and let us know if you catch it and we don't. I want the fans pulling for you.
Wheels Up!

Do the voices in my head bother you too?

Return to “General Discussion”