Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 am 

ORP general safety rules must be followed and proper driver appearel for ET's worn on all runs.

All vehicles must have current tags (No Dealer Tags), current state inspection sticker, and current proof of insurance.

The intent of this class is to race real street cars, not street driven race cars with licence plates. All cars need to retain a somewhat stock appearing interior. All cars need to retain OEM floor pans and frames/frame rails. Suspension modifications are allowed but no full tube chassis or back half chassis.

All vehicles must have exhaust system in place that was used to pass state safety inspection. This would include exhaust tubing running from the headers thru the mufflers to at least the rear seat area of the floor pan.

Any type of rear tires may be used, BUT, they must be installed on the drive axles of the car prior to the street driving portion of the event.

All vehicles must be able to drive from the ORP staging lanes to Hwy 60 and back with no stops or cool downs. All vehicles must return DIRECTLY to the staging lanes upon return to ORP. Minimal cool down and refuel will be allowed in staging before racing.

All electronic tuning aids and laptop computers must be unhooked and stored before leaving the ORP staging lanes and stay unhooked/unused for the duration of the street grudge event. No other manual tuning allowed during the duration of the street grudge event. (ie. timing changes, jet/pill changes, nitrous system changes, boost changes, etc.) Refueling and nitrous bottle changes only will be allowed.

This will be a 10 position "LIST"

Any one can join the action at any time, BUT, you must call out the lowest vehicle on "THE LIST" and race each vehicle on the ladder on your way up to your best position.

This event will be run on a .400 pro tree, there will be no scoreboard displays of ET or MPH, and time slips will be cut in half. Drivers will only recieve their half.

This event will be run on a 1000 ft track until such time that the race director feels the contestants are too fast for the conditions. The race distance can be changed at any time if ET's dictate a change.

There will be a maximum of three rounds of pairings per grudge race event.

All vehicles will be paired in the order that the callouts are made to the race director.

Any vehicle that "just made a pass" will get 20 minutes for transmission/convertor cool down before it can be called out again. This is at the disgresion of the car owner. He can run sooner if ready.

Any vehicle that is not presant to race can be called out, not being presant will constitute a loss and a loss of position. A not presant vehicle can only lose two positions and no more per race.

Since this is a new event for the racers and ORP, these rules can be amended at any time by the race director.

Good Luck Racers, Lets have fun! I am sure that there will be some gliches here, but all of us together will work through it. AL

Last edited by opnwhl23 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:10 pm 

GOING BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS I CAN REMEMBER SOME OF THE ISSUES WE HAD AT VARIOUS TRACKS IN PRO STREET THAT RAN THE SAME RULES AS THESE BACK THEN
SOME TO THINK ABOUT
1) NO DEALER TAGS ( WE USED THIS LOOP HOLE FOR YEARS )

2) ID KICK OUT THE HEADER MUFFLER DEAL AND MAKE IT FULL EXHAUST WITH CHAMBERED MUFFLERS
( WE USED TO CUT THE END OF A COLLECTOR MUFFLER OFF AND WELD IT TO THE COLLECTOR AND STATE THAT THE RULES DIDNT SAY HOW MUCH OF THE MUFFLER HAD TO BE THERE )

3) U NEED A WAY TO INSURE NO HOODS ARE RAISED DURING COMPETITION LIKE A PIECE OF TAPE ACROSS THE HOOD AND FENDER WITH A SIGNATURE ON IT

JUST SOME THOUGHTS FROM A DUDE WHO WISHES HE HAS A STREET CAR FAST ENOUGH TO COME HANG OUT !!!! SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 pm 

Thanks for the input Alton.....as stated previously, this is a work in progress. Any and all input at this point will be glady taken under advisement. Going to edit my post about the D-Tags right now!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:11 pm 

bump

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:41 pm 

super Chevy had a street class one of the good rules was they made 3 back to back to back runs. no cool down no opening hoods or refueling :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:01 am 

Just some thought. State inspection sticker required..... collector inserts will not pass inspection? There is a little bit of cross breed between True Street and whatever it is that you are trying to get started. Don't get me wrong it sounds like fun, so no tuning changes the whole night? Refueling is allowed? How about Nitrous bottle changes with no tune up changes? Depending on how many runs we plan on getting in, a new bottle will be a must. As far as tires go, DOT on the drive axle or slicks allowed?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:23 am 

Again, thanks for the input Danny....you have some good points! As stated earlier this is a work in progress....I will reword the exhaust portion. Any tires allowed. No tuning for the night....tune during the off time and return with a faster?? tuneup and challenge. Fueling, cooling, and bottle changes allowed. I think that covers it. I will rewrite these things sometime later today. The first callout is noted!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 pm 

Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Not sure who edited my post, but its all good. I'm on the list :thumbsup:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 pm 

bump

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 pm 

bump

Board index » Main » General Discussion