Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Main » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:36 am 

Danza Slap wrote:
Depending on the direction this series takes this year, which I think we be a positive one, I am sure we will have some adjustments that need to be made for 2010 like different classes, rules, times, sponsor's, etc..etc!

Yup, if you wait for everything to be "perfect" you'll never get anywhere. Go ahead and run with this thing and tweak it after you see how it goes.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:59 am 

I am glad to see this moving forward...FINALLY chris your doin a great job! you know i am excited!!!

Devin, i dont see how you can say these rules were built around my car... Hell im in the outlaw class and most likely to be the slowest one in it!!! I know of some true street competitors that will be faster than mine!!!

You guys realize that ANYONE can win... ANYONE can break also... weather its a stock LS1 car that breaks the rear end (never heard of one of those breaking :roll: ) Or a 500+ cubic inch big block that lays the rods on the track at the 330 to get out run by a stock mustang... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!

this is just something to ponder and think about

IF you all think we need more classes and that is the answer to this, why was last years KOTS race such a flop, and only had 3-4 cars per class??? Also the pathetic excuse for a cruise they did last year was 20 laps down the track and up the return road.... how many miles was that? here is a hint... about 10 ;)

Last edited by 417 motorsports on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 am 

greg70ss wrote:
I vote for 1/4 and run DOT tires. Most cars on the street don't run slicks or 1/8 mile gearing. This is a TRUE STREET bracket. I don't think you will atract the main street crowd with 1/8 mile racing. Let the bracket cars run outlaw with slicks and 1/8 and let TRUE STREET run DOT and 1/4. :)

DIDDO!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:22 am 

417 motorsports wrote:
I am glad to see this moving forward...FINALLY chris your doin a great job! you know i am excited!!!

Devin, i dont see how you can say these rules were built around my car... Hell im in the outlaw class and most likely to be the slowest one in it!!! I know of some true street competitors that will be faster than mine!!!

You guys realize that ANYONE can win... ANYONE can break also... weather its a stock LS1 car that breaks the rear end (never heard of one of those breaking :roll: ) Or a 500+ cubic inch big block that lays the rods on the track at the 330 to get out run by a stock mustang... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!

this is just something to ponder and think about

IF you all think we need more classes and that is the answer to this, why was last years KOTS race such a flop, and only had 3-4 cars per class??? Also the pathetic excuse for a cruise they did last year was 20 laps down the track and up the return road.... how many miles was that? here is a hint... about 10 ;)

Blake i know you would love to see a class for your friends to run in. You know damn well that my car, fitz car, james supra, chris' vette, steves vette, the 240z, charlies rx7, dans gto and a bunch of other cars you've worked on would like to have a place to run some heads up stuff at. Those are the cars you need to think about also. You could really get a good turnout by adding just one more class. This would bring out lots of the real street cars that the guys drive to the track, run sub 10 second passes, jump back in a cruise home with the radio and a/c on. Again i would be more than happy to help set some rules for an easy street class. None of us want to pull up in the staging lanes agains a car on big tires thats gonna cut 1.3-1.4 60fts and blow our doors to the eighth. I know at least for a lot of street cars past the eighth is were they start to fly.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am 

DOT 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am 

417 motorsports wrote:

What planet am I on? Where did I say that? The only person here who said that you had anything to do with the rules is... um... CHRIS.

Danza Slap wrote:
and for the record.... Blake, Tydo, were consulted in this series...

I do think that this event is something that fits well with the kinds of vehicles that you are involved with and is therefore totally out of my league, but that's not a bad thing. If these rules will bring cars and spectators to the track then bring it on.

I'm on board with this thing, you'll only get support from me from this point forward. If nothing else, look at the amount of discussion that this has stirred up. That would seem to me to mean that there is a lot of interest.

The KOTS last year certainly was a flop! And that "cruise" up and down the track was pretty goofy. I don't remember seeing you there, though, did I just miss you?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am 

JamesN wrote:
DOT 1/4

Like you could shut your car down on that track if it made a good pass..... :roll:

Devin wrote:
The KOTS last year certainly was a flop! And that "cruise" up and down the track was pretty goofy. I don't remember seeing you there, though, did I just miss you?

Im sorry Devin.. my mistake, it was nobottlebaby that said that.
nobottlebaby wrote:
not just a super fast class centered around Blake's cars.

I was there... sitting in my Tahoe watching all of the guys running up and down the track get dizzy LOL

there was not even a class for my car that would have been worth the effort to bring it out.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 am 

Well let's run it with these rules this year and see if there's a better turn out.

You can't please all the people all the time, and there will always be classes and races and rules that someone doesn't want to compete in. On top of that, the more complex the rules are, the more you'll chase away because they just don't want to deal with it. The only real measure of success or failure is ultimately how many cars turn up.

I won't be competing in this event because.. well.. I can't be competitive in it. But I'll enjoy watching it. So I say bring it on as it stands.

Yup were were getting dizzy. It was kind of like racing in Nascar except it was really slow, you couldn't pass anyone, and all the turns were to the right instead of to the left. :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 pm 

TYDO wrote:

With that comment,I WILL keep my mouth shut from now on!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: !

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm 

lowrider wrote:
greg70ss wrote:
I vote for 1/4 and run DOT tires. Most cars on the street don't run slicks or 1/8 mile gearing. This is a TRUE STREET bracket. I don't think you will atract the main street crowd with 1/8 mile racing. Let the bracket cars run outlaw with slicks and 1/8 and let TRUE STREET run DOT and 1/4. :)

DIDDO!!!!!!!!

Back in the day i ran 171 mph @ 2900 lbs at ozark in the 1/4 stopping was not that big of a deal. I would think true street would be safe at 1/4 and its funner to run the 1/4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Main » General Discussion